PostgreSQL Database Administrator - eFuseView Company Profile
- Job Title
- PostgreSQL Database Administrator
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The PositionAs a Database Administrator at eFuse, your work will enable product teams to scale applications to high performing products that enhance the user experience and allow for data-driven decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with other data practitioners, product teams, and engineers on cutting edge projects like database design, application performance scaling, database migration strategies, and more. We are looking for a talented Database Administrator who is passionate about high performing and high quality database systems that will take eFuse to the next level!
Our Software Stack
- AWS (RDS, Redshift)
What you’ll be doing
- Manage day-to-day operations such as query optimization, logging, monitoring, and backups
- Collaborate with product teams to design and implement optimal database solutions
- Assist teams in forming migration plans for schema changes
- Advise on innovative database technologies, trends, and features
- Develop and enforce policies, standards, and procedures to effectively manage database systems
What you bring to the table
- Experience maintaining PostgreSQL databases systems in AWS
- Experience with database quality, standards, performance, query optimization, and best practices
- Experience creating data definition language (DDL) and data manipulation language (DML) scripts
- Intermediate or expert knowledge as a Database Administrator
- Familiarity with one or more data modeling techniques (ER, EER, UML)
- Familiarity with the database lifecycle
- Working knowledge of database internals such as locking, wait events, consistency, logging, recovery
Nice to Haves
- Experience with database migrations
- Familiarity with MongoDB or MongoDB Atlas platform
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (Python, Shell)
- Familiarity with database testing and maintenance
We know not all candidates will meet all of the requirements for a given position. If you’re interested, and believe you could be a great fit, we’d encourage you to apply!
Mission: Create a world where any person can change their life through gaming.
Vision: eFuse will be the #1 global platform for gamers to meet, compete and be discovered. eFuse is a remote-flexible, employee-owned company that attracts world-class talent to serve gamers, publishers, brands, and teams.
- Embrace Growth - We seek challenges, welcome discomfort and choose vulnerability in order to grow. We overcome.
- Freedom and Responsibility - We are free and empowered to act, while taking full responsibility for the outcomes of these actions. We are owners.
- Unwavering Integrity - In any circumstance, we act with honesty and do not compromise the truth. We do the right thing.
- Start with Empathy - In all our interactions, we seek first to understand, assume positive intent and are led by impact as our north star. We value others.
- Elite Results - We are driven to deliver for our company, our teams and our partners. We play to win.
Culture of Accountability: At eFuse we embrace a culture of accountability which helps us build trust and alignment across our organization. Your responsibilities will fit into a framework that eFuse has adopted called Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). OKRs create a shared set of responsibilities that once achieved will lead to us realizing our shared company vision. Each team and individual is held accountable to their agreed commitments by their leadership, their peers, and their direct reports through consistent inspection.
eFuse Headquarters Location
eFuse Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
eFuse Founded Year
eFuse Total Amount Raised
eFuse Funding RoundsView funding details