Post Production Director - MasterClassView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Post Production Director
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – we're scaling and growing, fast. With a HQ in San Francisco and future offices in Los Angeles and Waterloo, Ontario, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a talented Post Production Director to join our post production team. This position oversees all aspects of post production and supervises the coordination of edit, finishing, and delivery across multiple classes and various short form assets, ensuring that all video content is of the highest quality and consistent with the MasterClass brand.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Designing and maintaining a strategic plan/overview of all post processes within the content team. This includes but is not exclusive to: scheduling and overseeing multiple long form classes, short-form content, and trailers.
- Managing budgets and staffing needs; be the fulcrum of communication between the post production teams and the executive staff.
- Overseeing the team of post coordinators, editors and assistant editors who are involved in the day-to-day production of our classes, and projecting future staffing requirements.
- Project management - driving accountability and meeting deadlines for large teams, executing on multiple deliverables, and managing editors, junior creatives, marketing, and product partners.
- Create and maintain healthy working relationships with producers, directors, editors, and out-of-house vendors in order to produce and deliver the finest quality product within the given time frame and budget.
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Train and manage internal staff with development and growth in mind.
- Proficient with 4K workflow for multi-cam studio shoots, documentary-style shoots and vfx shoots that will involve greenscreen and compositing work, editing, color correction, graphics, and audio mixing. Familiarity with other video formats is a plus.
- Coordinates with Production and IT teams on shooting method and how to be best prepared for post.
- Keep up to date on current and emerging technologies and implement improvements to Post Production workflows.
- Work with Operations on equipment & software purchases, overall storage solutions and forecast future needs.
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports and projections to the Sr. Director of Operations.
- Manage cloud storage, Frame IO accounts.
- Intimate knowledge of scheduling multiple simultaneous long-form edits
- 7-10 years experience working in post production in a supervisory role
- 4-5 years of people management experience
- Extensive experience with Premiere Pro and Adobe suite and familiar with workflows for DaVinci Resolve and ProTools. Familiarity with workflows with competing NLE’s, color correction, audio and VFX systems a plus.
- Deep understanding of Web, mobile, broadcast and theatrical deliverables and experience delivering multiple assets in a short timeframe.
- Experience with budget management, excel and google sheets. Practical knowledge of project management software and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Familiarity with Cloud Editing a plus.
- Familiarity with NAS/SAN post production environments a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required (we love lifelong learners, so advanced degrees are a plus!)
- Work full-time remotely until we return to our San Francisco or Los Angeles office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1
MasterClass Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
MasterClass Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
MasterClass Founded Year
MasterClass Funding Rounds