Platform Engineer - Thyme CareView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Platform Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Description
Thyme Care is the leading value-based cancer care partner, collaborating with payers and providers to transform the experience and outcomes for individuals living with cancer. The company partners with health plans, employers and risk-bearing providers to assume accountability for enhanced care quality, improved health outcomes, and reduced total cost of care. Thyme Care's approach combines a technology-enabled Care Team and seamless integration with providers, creating a hybrid collaborative care delivery model that guides and supports the entire patient journey. Thyme Care empowers over 300 oncologists nationwide through purpose-built tech, advanced data analytics, and virtual patient engagement, driving better care and outcomes in value-based arrangements. Thyme Care is a founding member of CancerX, and is backed by leading investors. To learn more about how Thyme Care is enabling the shift to value-based care in oncology, visit www.thymecare.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Platform Engineer at Thyme Care, you will join a team seeking to build a best-in-class developer experience to enable our engineers and data scientists to focus on features that drive high-quality interventions for our members with cancer. You will join an organization that has prioritized the developer platform from day one and believes that our engineers are the most effective when they have the right tools for the job.
- Work with software and data engineers to understand their needs. Support the development of developer-friendly APIs that result in reliable, secure-by-default applications and allow engineers to focus on solving problems for our members.
- Build on top of AWS with Terraform, our infrastructure-as-code tool of choice.
- Contribute to our Python codebase, building constructs, and developer APIs that deploy applications to Kubernetes using cdk8s.
- Build on top of existing platform features, such as our workflow orchestration API that enables developers to quickly develop asynchronous jobs to run on Kubernetes.
- Perform discovery with stakeholders on the engineering and data teams to help inform the roadmap for Thyme Care’s platform-as-a-product.
- Review architecture proposals from other teams in the tech organization, serving as a domain expert for infrastructure and platform.
- Participate in our platform support rotation, triaging features and support requests from our engineering and data teams.
- Eastern time zone preferred
- Help grow the Platform team and define its culture and processes.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- Act with our members in mind. Thyme Care’s mission and members matter to you deeply. You are passionate about seeing your work in action and solving meaningful problems.
- Experience. You are comfortable writing code in Python or a similar language. You have managed infrastructure in AWS using Terraform. You are familiar with Kubernetes. You understand how to deploy, monitor, and scale web applications. You have worked with data teams and ETL pipelines or have a desire to learn.
- Security mindset. Protecting member data is a first priority at Thyme Care. You are comfortable reasoning about the security implications of the changes you make and know when to seek expert advice from our virtual CISO.
- Empathy. You are driven by a desire to solve problems for others and will work closely with our product engineering teams to understand their needs.
- Commitment to inclusivity. You care deeply about building an inclusive culture at Thyme Care. You recognize a history of inequity in tech and believe that we must build a team that reflects the diversity of the population we serve.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, or ambitious startups. You know how to translate ambiguous challenges into well-scoped solutions. You balance delivery speed with long-term stability.
At Thyme Care, our core values—Act with our members in mind, Move with purpose, and Seek diverse perspectives—guide us in everything we do. They anchor our business decisions, including how we grow, the products we make, and the paths we choose—or don’t choose.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care employees are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, subject to conflicting laws and exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes equity, benefits, and other opportunities at Thyme Care. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Thyme Care employees. In accordance with New York City law, the base salary for this role if filled within New York City is $130,000-$180,000. The salary range could be lower or higher than this if the role is hired in another location. We also believe that your personal needs and preferences should be taken into consideration so we allow some choice between equity and cash.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thyme Care Headquarters Location
Thyme Care Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
Thyme Care Founded Year
Thyme Care Total Amount Raised
Thyme Care Funding RoundsView funding details