Physical Security Project Manager - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Physical Security Project Manager
- Job Location
- Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Tempe, AZ; Atlanta, GA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Austin, TX
- Job Description
About the Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a experienced construction project manager to manage safety and security builds on Global Safety and Security’s Technology Team. The Security Technology Project Manager will be hands-on and directly responsible for managing all aspects of security builds globally, as well as the operation, maintenance, and enhancement of physical security technology and systems. In addition to working with a variety of external vendors and suppliers, the Security Technology Project Manager will also work closely with Real Estate, Essentials, Facilities, IT, and other internal stakeholders.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with other Real Estate construction project managers, security integrators, and business stakeholders to deliver office improvement, new construction, and decommissioning projects
- Be responsible for managing construction budgets and projects
- Be able to embrace your inner hacker to creatively solve complex security challenges with hardware and application integrations
- Evaluate, help select and deploy all physical security technology and systems
- Have the challenge of delivering multiple simultaneous and geographically distributed projects with tight time constraints
- Get to be part of building and managing world-class security systems using leading technologies
- Be the technical subject matter expert representing the GSST team with our stakeholders, XFN partners and construction entities.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 5+ years of experience in a related technical role
- You have experience project managing multi-million dollar projects
- You want to be part of a diverse, lean, and talented project management team
- You are familiar with physical security technology and systems
- You have project management certifications
- You are driven with a strong bias for action and have demonstrated experience setting and achieving aggressive performance objectives with cross-functional dependencies
- You are outcome-focused and able to set time-bound and measurable targets
- You are resilient and able to adapt to dynamic and fast-paced project demands
- You take radical ownership of your work and performance and can effectively give and receive performance feedback
- You thrive in fast-paced, demanding environments where you are often managing multiple priorities and forced to make decisions with limited information
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You are able to listen to all ideas and voices from your team, and foster growth and innovation
- You want to build the industry's next generation of leaders in physical security project management
- You have extensive experience using leading project management software
- You are a G Suite and Slack power user and are comfortable working on macOS
- You can travel as required and can work independently and as part of a team
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details