PhD Residency - Tensor Networks for Computational Chemistry - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- PhD Residency - Tensor Networks for Computational Chemistry
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
Residencies at SandboxAQ
If you’re a graduate student in STEM ready to bring the new AI + Quantum era to the world, consider joining our residency program at SandboxAQ.
We are currently looking for PhD students in a wide variety of STEM fields — physics, computer science, AI, neuroscience, chemistry, cryptography, mathematics/statistics, biomedical engineering, aerospace engineering, geophysics, and more — to join our world-class team of engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Tensor Networks for Computational Chemistry
Our S&O team is looking for PhD students with a background in tensor networks and computational chemistry to help develop HPC pipelines to perform challenging quantum chemistry simulations. You will work closely with project teams to prototype and scale novel computational methods.
We are looking for candidates with background in tensor networks simulations, e.g. DMRG, PEPS or related techniques. Additional background in quantum chemistry methods is highly welcome.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Deep familiarity with tensor networks, e.g, matrix product state, density matrix renormalization group, projected entangled pair states a.s.o.
- Familiarity leveraging GPUs or other accelerators for scientific simulations.
- Experience with electronic structure calculations for quantum chemistry problems a plus
- Proficiency in python coding, including the usual python stack for scientific computing (numpy, scipy, a.s.o.)
- Experience with JAX, tensorflow or pytorch
- Location: Remote
- Start date: Year-round, on a rolling basis
- Duration: Flexible, typically between 4 months to one year
- Currently enrolled in a STEM PhD program: computational chemistry or related field. **Non-PhD post-graduate students may be considered on a case-by-case basis (e.g. MD, Masters)
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (Python, C/C++, Matlab, etc.)
- For questions, email email@example.com
What to Expect:
- Work on a technical project with scientists and engineers on one of our core teams:
- Engagement with fellow residents
- Competitive compensation
- Present findings to the rest of Sandbox AQ
- Have fun!
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details