PhD Residency - Security Engineer - SandboxAQView Company Profile
- Job Title
- PhD Residency - Security Engineer
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Ready to join the AQ era?
SandboxAQ is solving challenging problems with AI + Quantum for positive impact. We partner with global leaders in government, academia, and the private sector to identify applications that would benefit from quantum-based applications to current and future commercial challenges. We engage with customers early and throughout the development process to improve market fit.
Our team’s unique approach enables cross-pollination across a diverse range of fields, from physics, computer science, neuroscience, mathematics, cryptography, natural sciences and more! Our success comes from coalescing diverse talent to create an environment where experimental thinking and collaboration yield breakthrough AI + Quantum solutions. Join a culture where thought leadership, diverse talent, employee engagement, and technological impact will create the next tech uproar.
We are deeply committed to education as a means to advance quantum solutions and computing initiatives. We invest in future talent through internship programs, research papers, developer tools, textbooks, educational talks/events and partnerships with universities/talent hubs to attract multi-disciplinary talent. Our hope is to inspire people from all walks of life to be prepared for the quantum era and encourage a path in STEM.
Residencies at SandboxAQ
If you’re a graduate student in STEM ready to bring the new AI + Quantum era to the world, consider joining our residency program at SandboxAQ.
We are currently looking for PhD students in a wide variety of STEM fields — physics, computer science, AI, neuroscience, chemistry, cryptography, mathematics/statistics, biomedical engineering, aerospace engineering, geophysics, and more — to join our world-class team of engineers, scientists and technologists.
PhD Residency - Security Engineer
The Sandbox team is looking for a Security Engineer Resident to analyze the next generation of
quantum-resistant cryptography software. A successful candidate will help ensure that the
solutions are designed and developed in a secure manner, according to best practices. The
candidate will also conduct technical code reviews and vulnerability testing to improve security
aspects of cryptographic libraries. They will be part of a diverse team consisting of
cryptographers, mathematicians, ML and cybersecurity experts, and physicists.
- Analyze and discover security vulnerabilities in open-source software
- Conduct security reviews of source code and testing software using fuzzing approaches
- Provide guidelines to fix the security issues detected
- Experience developing in C/C++ and Linux operating systems
- Expertise in vulnerability testing, code auditing and reporting
- Experience utilizing fuzzing tools on cryptographic algorithms or protocols
- Solid foundation in applied cryptography
- Ability to utilize static analysis tools
- Understanding of software exploitation techniques (e.g., format strings, heap overflow or
- Knowledge of the current threat landscape, including common attack types and malware
- Location: Remote in North America or Europe
- Start date: Year-round, on a rolling basis
- Duration: Flexible, typically between 4 months to one year
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program on math, computer science, or related field. **Non-PhD post-graduate students may be considered on a case-by-case basis as Master Interns (e.g. MD, Masters)
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (Python, C/C++, Matlab, etc.)
- For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect:
- Work on a technical project with scientists and engineers on one of our core teams
- Engagement with fellow residents
- Competitive compensation
- Present findings to the rest of SandboxAQ
- Have fun!
SandboxAQ welcomes all.We are committed to creating an inclusive culture where we have zero tolerance for discrimination. We invest in our employees' personal and professional growth. Once you work with us, you can’t go back to normalcy because great breakthroughs come from great teams and we are the best in quantum technology.We offer competitive salaries, stock options depending on employment type, generous learning opportunities, medical/dental/vision, family planning/fertility, PTO (summer and winter breaks), financial wellness resources, 401(k) plans, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Accommodations: we provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in job application procedures for open roles. If you need such an accommodation.
SandboxAQ Headquarters Location
Palo Alto, CA
SandboxAQ Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
SandboxAQ Founded Year
SandboxAQ Total Amount Raised
SandboxAQ Funding RoundsView funding details