Patient Financial Specialist Supervisor - Synapse HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Patient Financial Specialist Supervisor
- Job Location
- Job Description
Synapse Health | Who We Are
With the collective efforts of our epic team members, we’re trailblazing a new path in the DME industry. Synapse Health was founded in 2016 with a goal to fix the fractured DME ecosystem and completely transform the industry. Built on decades of industry and leadership experience, we’ve launched tech-based solutions that eliminate age-old DME headaches, resulting in a seamless experience for all. We are proud to offer work that matters, on a mission that matters.
What We Need
The Patient Financial Specialist (PFS) Supervisor will report directly to the Manager of Revenue Cycle Management. This team member contributes to the overall management of patient A/R and performs various tasks supporting the RCM functions of billing and payment posting. The PFS Supervisor will provide outstanding customer service to patients regarding their billing and payment activity, balances owed and health insurance information. In addition, the PFS Supervisor will assist the Manager of RCM in the day-to-day operations of the team and provide training, coaching, guidance and direction to team members. The PFS Supervisor will also be the first point of escalation for team members with questions or to escalate patient concerns. The PFS Supervisor does not have any direct reports or HR responsibilities.
What You Will Do
- Assist the Manager of RCM in the day-to-day operations of the team and provide training, coaching, guidance and direction to team members.
- Be the first point of escalation for team members with questions or to escalate patient concerns.
- Communicate directly with patients, over the phone and in writing, regarding their billing and payment activity, balances owed and health insurance information.
- Maintain patient demographic, payment and insurance information.
- Perform eligibility verifications.
- Review DME claims for accuracy and compliance with CMS and private payer billing guidelines and regulations.
- Submit accurate and compliant DME claims to health insurance plans.
- Post patient and insurance payments.
- Research patient A/R and complete follow up tasks.
- Research patient credit balances and request refunds when appropriate.
- Maintain patient demographic and insurance information.
- Maintain quality and quantity of work that meets or exceeds exceptions.
- Perform additional job duties as assigned.
What You Have
At Synapse Health we’ve intentionally built a culture of kindness, collaboration and creativity, and we consider those qualities to be table stakes for any new team member. In addition, this role requires:
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years' billing and accounts receivable experience in the healthcare industry.
- DME knowledge and billing experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and ability to learn department and job-specific software systems (e.g., applicable practice management and EMR systems).
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate analytical skills when problem-solving.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
What Sets You Apart
- Accountability: Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs.
- Analytical Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to deconstruct information into smaller categories in order to draw conclusions.
- Decision Making: Manages to make the right decision in complex situations.
- Management and Leadership: Demonstrates the ability to influence and guide members of an organization.
- Results Oriented: Demonstrates knowledge in setting and achieving challenging goals.
What Sets Us Apart
It’s no secret that most of us work to provide for ourselves and those we love, but just because we have to work, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy it. In fact, at Synapse Health, we insist on it! We want our team members to thrive personally and professionally, which is why our benefits include:
- Professional growth opportunities with compelling career paths
- Healthy work-life balance culture with paid time off (PTO)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for full-time team members
- 401K savings plan with employer contribution match
Synapse Health is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Synapse Health Headquarters Location
Synapse Health Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Synapse Health Founded Year
Synapse Health Total Amount Raised
Synapse Health Funding RoundsView funding details