Paralegal - Redwood MaterialsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Job Location
- Sparks, NV
- Job Description
About Redwood MaterialsRedwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
As part of Redwood Material’s Legal Team, you will work on corporate governance, equity and debt financings, commercial and real estate transactions, regulatory and permitting filings, and legal team administrative matters. You should have corporate paralegal and legal operations experience working at a law firm and in-house at a start-up environment. This position reports into the General Counsel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Legal Team with corporate governance matters, legal entity formation and management, qualifications to do business, and annual filings in the U.S. and internationally.
- Providing drafting, research, and organizational assistance to in-house attorneys in the negotiation of commercial contracts, supply and licensing agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other corporate and commercial transaction documents.
- Providing senior paralegal support on special projects such as acquisitions (M&A) and financings.
- Preparing and maintaining electronic data rooms for due diligence; organizing, distributing, and filing transaction documents, managing disclosure schedules and signature pages for closings.
- Supporting real estate and environmental documents, permits and applications including document review and filings.
- Preparing presentations, consents, and meeting minutes.
- Managing the legal budget, including tracking, and submitting legal budgets, accruals and invoices; experience with LegalTracker or another legal invoicing tool is required.
- Assisting with intellectual property filings and applications, and managing documents related to IP (trademarks, copyrights, patents), ensuring prompt payment of filing fees.
- Interface with outside counsel utilizing legal terminology and processes.
- Perform legal and factual research and statistical analyses.
- Utilizing computer skills and technical knowledge to handle and assist with the creation and maintenance of legal records and intranet websites, including working knowledge of DocuSign contract management software, and other legal department tools.
- 6+ years of relevant corporate paralegal and legal operations experience.
- Experience working at a law firm and in-house in startups or fast-paced environments.
- Paralegal certificate and notary preferred
- Experience with LegalTracker, DocuSign, contract management and repository software (Ironclad, Box, or similar), and MS Office,
- Ability to exercise good judgement, be a team player in rapidly evolving, high-stakes environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to be clear and concise.
- A passion for sustainability and making the world a better place!
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Redwood Materials Headquarters Location
Carson City, NV
Redwood Materials Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Redwood Materials Founded Year
Redwood Materials Total Amount Raised
Redwood Materials Funding RoundsView funding details