Paralegal - MedMenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
The paralegal position researches law, gathers and investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist the legal department by performing a variety of support duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes.
- Assists in the preparation of legal documents such as service and supplier contracts, initial and amended articles of incorporation/organization, LLC operating agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and annual reports for approval and use by the legal department.
- Assists in the maintenance of the corporate structure and corporate governance.
- Performs clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, assisting with email correspondences, and task management.
- Assists in the real estate and corporate acquisition closing processes.
- Assists with intellectual property filings and maintenance.
- Files correspondence and legal documents using company web-based filing system.
- Provide regular updates regarding relevant local, state, and federal laws effecting company business.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Attention to Detail.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Business Acumen.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are primarily Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as this is a growth company environment with significant urgent deadlines on a regular basis.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Paralegal certification.
- Additional legal research certifications and coursework.
- Experience with corporate and/or real estate law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to draft succinct memos and business correspondences.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
This position does not provide H1-B sponsorship. Must be able to successful complete and pass company’s background and drug screen process.
MedMen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedMen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MedMen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedMen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MedMen Headquarters Location
Culver City, CA
MedMen Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
MedMen Founded Year
MedMen Total Amount Raised
MedMen Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt