Paint Technician - Faraday FutureView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Paint Technician
- Job Location
- Hanford, California, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Paint Technician, you’ll be working with some of the industry’s brightest minds to refinish clearcoat, basecoat, primers and primer sealing for the auto body paint shop. Basically, you’ll ensure that all paint shop activities like inspecting the bare body prior to sealing and sanding and prepping is done as per the process and the within the timeline. This position will also be responsible for mixing paint and recording VOC in the system for future purposes. This position will work and train with manufacturing team on different paint processes. Will work with Manufacturing team and Process engineer for paint trials on new colors.
- Lead the offline and line team while working with the quality team.
- Support new paint color development.
- Assist in FF91 color launch activities to ensure the color and appearance requirements are met.
- Communicate with the vendors for new tools and paint supplies.
- Support paint shop need during overtime, weekend and rotating shifts.
- Support other paint team (sealer, PTED, prepping team, FFF team and conveyance team
- Be the go-to contact for any painting related issue and paint repairs in paint clinic area process (offline repair)
- Ability to train future painters.
- Report all paint supplies inventory for future use and JIT system (direct and indirect)
- Painting the whole car from start to finish manually.
- Maintains cleanliness in work area and paint shop.
- Able to take on other responsibility, with in the paint shop process and system.
- Experience with auto body paint and spot repair.
- Experience with whole car painting manually (materials, tools, etc)
- Experience in paint mixing/color matching
- Has experience with pre paint sanding (materials, tools, etc) and post paint sanding/polishing (materials, tools, quality)
- Understands paint quality: Color travel, color match, gloss, orange peel.
- Has experience with satin clearcoat application, two tone masking, aftermarket paint, OEM/High bake paint,
- Has experience with paint defect analysis (craters, dirt, fiber)
- Understands paint curing (ovens, metal temperature probing, etc), Paint booth control (Downdraft, HVAC)
- Experience working in a body shop.
- Have related certification from paint manufacturer.
- Experienced in completing whole body and paint or equivalent painting experience in the automotive industry.
Hourly Salary Range:
($24.50/hr - $29/hr), plus benefits and incentive plans
Perks + Benefits
- Equity grants for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Faraday Future Headquarters Location
Faraday Future Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
Faraday Future Founded Year