Optimization Analyst - MediaAlphaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Optimization Analyst
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
MediaAlpha is a customer acquisition solutions provider powered by technology and data science. The company provides industry-leading solutions designed to reach consumers shopping within high-consideration categories such as property and casualty insurance, health and life insurance, personal finance, travel, education and more.
Optimization Analyst - Business Analytics Team, Los Angeles CA, and various unanticipated locations nationally
Responsibilities: The Optimization Analyst provides analytical support to the sales, marketing, and business development departments with focus on performance and optimization of key client accounts. Collect and analyze data, and then apply mathematical models and statistics to guide key decisions and management. Core responsibilities include optimizing campaigns, preparing and interpreting data and reporting, and reviewing key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide suggestions and guidance. Support the product and engineering teams, as well as executive management, in building and evaluating tools and software.
More specifically, the Optimization Analyst will be responsible for the following duties:
- Compile, analyze and interpret performance data to best optimize advertiser campaigns.
- Build and evaluate mathematical models and optimization approaches towards maximizing advertisers return on investment (ROI).
- Analyze data across our marketplace to uncover opportunities for growth and efficient allocation of resources.
- Work with engineering and product teams to prototype, build, and evaluate the Mediaalpha platforms optimization tools.
- Help clients build, execute and optimize campaigns, measure and present results.
- Provide consultative and strategic marketing guidance for clients.
- Build templates and tools to improve efficiency and efficacy of analysis and optimizations.
Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mathematics or Statistics, or in a closely related field, plus 1 year of work experience in the analytical role or in a closely related occupation.
Special Requirements: REQUIRED EXPERTISE/KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Strong analytical ability and expertise synthesizing large data sets.
- Strong Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookups, data manipulation).
- Strong proficiency with statistical and financial concepts (e.g., confidence intervals and ROI).
- Experience using programming/scripting languages for data analysis and mathematical modeling required (SQL, Python, R, Stata, etc.).
- Experience with insurance pricing (Actuarial modelling).
Must possess expertise/ knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/ knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education.
Such expertise/ knowledge cannot be "quantified" by "time."
Quotelab, LLC dba MediaAlpha is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Qualified applicants please send resume to: Jeanette Ruffalo, Manager, People Operations, email@example.com REF: OAFT-22
Now you might be thinking “I could absolutely crush this job, but on paper I don’t have everything they want.” Go ahead and apply! We seek to hire the best, but sometimes the best ends up looking a little different than we originally envisioned.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
MediaAlpha is committed to fostering, cultivating, and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our philosophy and actions are built on the premise that as an employer and citizens of our communities, we can create opportunities for lasting change.
MediaAlpha will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local "Fair Chance" laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans in our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 316-6256.
MediaAlpha Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
MediaAlpha Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
MediaAlpha Founded Year
MediaAlpha Funding Rounds