Operations Specialist - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Operations Specialist
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Are you an expert at keeping the trains running on time and have a proven talent for building new tracks when necessary? Do you have a passion for people and processes? Come join the MongoDB Technical Services team and help it run smoothly, efficiently and predictably! We are looking for an Operations Specialist who can help us drive excellence and efficiency in our delivery of a variety of technical support services to our worldwide customer base.
Our Operations Specialist will help the Technical Services leadership team (1) develop and enact new programs to better serve our customers and colleagues; (2) manage and arrange a global workforce to ensure 24/7 support availability for MongoDB customers; (3) executing our existing policies, processes, and systems smoothly and creating, updating, and maintaining efficient operations and processes; (4)automating for scale; and (4) proactively and reactively removing roadblocks. Your top focus will be enabling Technical Services to delight MongoDB customers and partners by promoting and exemplifying excellence in our delivery of post-sales services.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in Austin, TX for our hybrid working model.
- Collaborate with the Technical Services leadership and staff to ensure integrated worldwide processes and customer experience
- Manage the operational details of the Technical Services programs which include:
- Organizing global on-call, out-of-office and other mission-critical schedules
- Coordinating external and internal messaging about policies and programs
- Driving external and internal product lifecycle management processes and communications with new releases of MongoDB software
- Support the measurement and analysis of teamwide (400-person team) Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics
- Ensure policies and processes are well-documented, communicated and followed
- Leverage reporting and analytics to facilitate review of policy and process effects
- Advocate for and drive major initiatives that move the organization forward and help us scale
- Communicate with all levels in the company including senior management
- Service customers’ operational critical needs (e.g. access to systems)
- Collaborate with our legal team on maintaining our customer-facing Support Policies and Terms and Conditions
- Occasional international travel is required (1-2 times per year, only as conditions safely permit)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of relevant operations management experience
- Understands the objectives of an enterprise software services team and has a technical aptitude for solving operations issues with sophisticated, scalable, systems-based solutions
- Is customer-service oriented; excellent written and oral communication skills, follow-through and problem-solving abilities coupled with a customer-centric perspective and approach
- Focuses on the data for answering questions; you like to “do the math”
- Attends to details and can anticipate next steps with minimal direction
- Able to break strategic initiatives down into tactical next steps and drive cross-functional execution on them
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment against tight deadlines when required
- Exceptional operational analysis and cross-group collaboration skills
- Experience with tools such as task management software (Atlassian / Jira preferred) spreadsheets, support case management systems, customer relationship management systems (Salesforce preferred), reporting tools (Tableau preferred) and marketing communication systems (Eloqua and Mailchimp preferred)
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details