Operations Associate, Payments - HiveView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Operations Associate, Payments
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Operations Associate, Payments
at Hive, democratizing access to EVs
Burbank, California, United States
We are seeking a Payments Associate to join our mission to democratize access to electric vehicles (EVs). In this role, you'll be involved in the entire payments servicing and account management process. You’ll partner with peers across the business to contribute towards the development of a best-in-class payment & immobilization experience.
As part of our team, you will play a vital role in pioneering a fintech solution that addresses one of the major barriers to EV adoption: affordability. You'll have the opportunity to use your skills to shape a radically new way to improve collections of a car and contribute to our goal of converting 10 million traditional high mileage gas vehicle drivers to EVs over the coming decade.
About the Role
- Work closely with Hive members to help them with their payments and ensure they can keep using their EVs when delinquent
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures and templates for communication with members
- Collaborate closely with the payments product manager to drive the strategy and execution of payment operations across multiple products
- Collaborate closely with Hive’s Head of Membership to align payments servicing with the broader Hive customer experience vision
- Use a variety of internal tools, including HubSpot CRM, Airtable, Retool, and Google Suite to manage workflows.
- Learn the ins and outs of how members manage their funds and help them form sustainable financial habits
- Become an expert in the gig economy by learning about how much people are earning, when they get payouts or promotions, what works and what doesn’t, etc.
- Identify member’s pain-points and work with a cross-functional team to propose and implement solutions
- Advocate for Hive’s product value props and feel comfortable doing math on the fly
- Contribute to building a positive and inclusive culture across our team
- You have a proven track record of success in managing individual accounts and making sound decisions on a case-by-case basis
- Want to join a fast-paced startup and are motivated to ask questions, learn about the business, and experiment with new ways to approach problems.
- You possess excellent communication skills and can effectively manage relationships with customers
- You are comfortable working with stressed customers and making tough decisions that impact others
- You are detail-oriented, organized, and capable of working independently
- You have experience making and justifying decisions based on unique circumstances
- Available on weekends and holidays as needed to support core operational activities
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Competitive compensation.
- Employee Stock Option Plan to participate in the contributions you make to the company’s success.
- Great medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance options.
- Salaried team members have unlimited paid time off.
At Hive, we’re on a mission to unlock the full carbon benefit of EVs to ensure cleaner air and a stable climate for future generations. We democratize access to EVs with a disruptive membership solution that finances, charges, and maintains EVs for drivers who drive the most. Hive membership creates a path to EV ownership for consumers who are underserved by traditional auto finance. By expanding affordable access to EVs, maximizing EV utilization, and offering an innovative charging infrastructure powered by renewable energy to keep EVs running, Hive accelerates the full carbon reduction potential of the EV revolution. Our unique model cuts the EV carbon payback time from 7 to 1.5 years! To achieve this, Hive leverages the convergence of innovations in IOT, connected vehicles, high range EVs, modular solar energy generation, storage, and distribution systems, and the emergence of digital platforms that enable the high mileage mobility and delivery workforce. Our ambition is to convert 10 million high-mileage, gas vehicle drivers into Hive members over the coming decade – contributing a gigaton to carbon reduction goals.
Hive is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hive is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us in our mission to reduce carbon emissions and make electric vehicles accessible to all. Apply today to be a part of our dynamic team.
Hive Headquarters Location
Hive Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
Hive Founded Year
Hive Funding RoundsView funding details