Office Manager - ManufacturedView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Office Manager
- Job Location
- Los Angeles
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Salary: $80,000 - $140,000 + equity + benefits
Location: Los Angeles. Full time in office.
Manufactured is a venture backed inventory platform. We are building the first inventory exchange for SMBs creating, making, and selling physical products around the world. We serve customers doing $1M - $100M in annual revenues in Fashion, Accessories, Healthcare, Construction Materials, CPG, Food, Electronics, Home Goods, Industrials, and Commodities.
With over 500+ vendors across 25 countries (and growing), we make the inventory cycle a breeze by handling everything from vendor discovery and negotiation to shipping, warehouse coordination, quality control, PO advances, through to collections. With over $120 million in volume powered by Manufactured since we launched in 2019, we deliver a compelling inventory partnership for fast growing SMBs.
We are a post-Product Market Fit, Series A startup that is growing 600% Year on Year. There is tremendous opportunity in our 35 person team to take ownership, make an impact, and build an extremely rewarding, accomplished career.
We don’t care about:
- Where you went to college
- What you studied
- If you’ve worked at blue chip companies
We do care about:
- What you’ve done
- What you can do
- How you’ll do it
This looks like:
- Making success a priority: We value ownership, initiative, and tenacity
- Having a point of view: We hire smart people and want to hear opinions. We’re low ego, and we welcome feedback and new ideas informed by data and intuition
- Being a good person and teammate: We all contribute to a positive, inclusive workplace. Direct communication, kindness, and integrity are non-negotiables
You’ll be trusted and challenged to do your best work in a fast moving, high performing environment. If this sounds like you, please read on!
- 5+ years experience as an office manager or in similar roles
- You have prior experience running office moves; including leading searches, overseeing buildout, and handling move logistics
- Proven experience with HR/People Operations. You should have familiarity with common HR documentation, benefits, payroll and new hire onboarding
- You’re efficiency minded and build processes that scale
- You have strong attention to detail and know that the little things matter
- Prior experience working for a high growth startup is important
- You must be located in the Los Angeles area and be willing to work regularly from our office
- You’re able to travel to NYC regularly while we build out our new office space there
- Lead the search for new offices in Los Angeles and New York City
- Ensure that both offices are pleasant, efficient working environments. You’ll take care of day to day needs and anticipate new ones
- Manage a budget and vendor relationships related to the office
- Be the go-to person for People/HR questions and administrative tasks
- Develop documentation and processes to support common HR needs
- Design and lead a memorable new hire onboarding program
- Support a connected team culture both for in-person and our remote employees
- Partner with the Founders on special projects as necessary, e.g. team celebrations, offsite, and other programs
Working at Manufactured:
We’re a remote first company, based in Los Angeles. Our team is around thirty people strong, and growing quickly.
Manufactured is a small, fast growing startup. Which means we deal with ambiguity and require a sense of ownership from all our team members. This is reflected in our core values.
Our core values are:
Urgency: Always act like an owner, seek help in case of delays beyond 48 hours, move quickly when you have enough information (usually 70-75%), know when to dive in if there’s a crisis, and hold true to the best possible timelines without compromising on quality, value or process.
Authenticity: Be Authentic, be real, be respectful both, in front of and behind a person’s back. If you are frustrated, you’re frustrated. If you’re stuck, you’re stuck. If you’re worried, you’re worried. Let's support each other in resolving these issues. Be upfront and respectful in your conversation. We are a multi cultural, distributed, global team. Respectful authenticity in communication is critical.
Resourcefulness: There are resources available to you. Both inside and outside the organization. You are capable of finding information online, in your network, with your team members and explore every type of interaction you can to learn more about your problem, find innovative answers and see #1 and #2 for the way forward. Finding ways out of problems with resources you bring, or your team brings are the way.
Effectiveness: Did it work? Did it solve the problem? Was it a short term hack? or a long term process solution that benefits everyone? Was it something we can use to grow / move forward or was it a defensive solution. Did we meet our stakeholders’ expectations, did we exceed them? Did our stakeholders all win? Are you using your time correctly? Are you helping your team members use their time well? Are you contributing to the growth of the company?
Critical path thinking: "What is the shortest risk-mitigated route to the Best Potential Outcome?"
Our CEO and Founder, Pranay Srinivasan, writes often on LinkedIn about our culture and operating principles. We recommend these articles in particular:
Our Core Values
Our operating framework: OBAS
MFD Legal CCPA Notice to Job Applicants
In compliance with the California Privacy Protection Act (“CCPA”), MFD collects the following categories of your personal information for the following uses:
Categories of Personal Information collected:
If you are a “Job applicant:”
Name, Email, and other contact information such as phone, physical address, professional certifications, and prior employment.
Purpose of Collecting the Personal Information:
If you are a “Job applicant:”
We collect your personal information in order to consider your application to be hired by us.
Manufactured Headquarters Location
Los Angeles, CA
Manufactured Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Manufactured Founded Year
Manufactured Total Amount Raised
Manufactured Funding RoundsView funding details