Occupational Therapist - CorticaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Occupational Therapist
- Job Location
- Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Cortica is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join its growing multi-disciplinary team!
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care – one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission!
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual’s qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Establish occupational therapy treatment goals through dynamic and standardized assessment tools
- Consult closely with multi-disciplinary team members to create collaborative treatment plans and integrative strategies
- Provide individual therapy sessions as well as group and/or co-treats with other disciplines as therapeutically appropriate
- Maintain patient records, documentation, and appropriate billing in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy to ensure excellent standard of care
- Provide play based and goal-based interventions to promote sensory processing, regulation, and skill development in daily occupations
- Facilitate functional and stimulating experiences to target and achieve individualized goals
- Devise strategies and supports to help the individual more fully engage in activities of daily living
- Collaborate with the individual and family to understand their values, interests, and goals
- Implement programming that considers all aspects of the child, inclusive of, but not limited to sensorimotor, cognitive, communicative, recreational, and social activities
- Contribute to program development
- Educate patients, families, team members, and caregivers on home programs that complement treatment
- Expect to deliver at least 26 hours of direct patient care each week, excluding time for training, documentation, and administrative meetings
- In this role you are occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team members must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You possess a master’s degree in related field.
- You have a current Occupational Therapy License in the state you will be practicing in.
- You have excellent clinical skills.
- You desire to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting.
- You are flexible and open to learning.
- You have an appreciation for a wide range of therapeutic approaches.
- You possess a passion for working with children.
- You are skilled at using software and systems including electronic medical record systems and Microsoft Office products.
- You preferably have knowledge of HIPAA regulations to safeguard patient information.
Your Compensation & Benefits
Cortica cares deeply about the well-being of each member of our team, and we have created a passionate, caring, and growth-minded culture that helps teammates thrive! As a Cortica teammate, we’ll support your well-being through medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching and rapid vesting, paid holidays and wellness days, life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursements for professional development and continuing education, and referral bonuses. We value you and the experience you bring to your role, and are proud to provide you with a compensation and benefits package designed to enhance all aspects of your life.
The base pay range for this opening is $82,800 to $92,000. According to your skill level, relevant experience, education level, and location, you will receive compensation that fits appropriately within the range.
EOE. This posting is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the role and its duties. Please review the job description in the following link: https://bit.ly/3ZRUnaf
Discover job listings, tech companies, startups, investors, job listings, funding rounds, industries, and tech stacks.Get EmployblBook a demo call
Get periodic emails about startups and the tech job market
Employbl Newsletter is about helping you find jobs and understand the tech job market. Read previous issues.
Cortica Headquarters Location
San Diego, CA
Cortica Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Cortica Founded Year
Cortica Total Amount Raised
Cortica Funding RoundsView funding details