Network Engineer - ToastView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Job Location
- Dublin, Ireland
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Network Engineer II, you will be a critical part of the Network Engineering team within the Engineering organization. You will be assisting with initiatives that will help support and scale Toast’s networking services and product offerings to remain ahead of the explosive customer growth we are experiencing. You will also have the opportunity to interface with our internal and external customers as well as vendors to research and test product enhancements and troubleshoot product issues in order to inspire and inform how Toast continues to iterate and grow.
We are looking for a passionate network engineer that can operate as a subject matter expert for the Toast networking domain, help execute Toast’s long-term networking strategy as a part of individual and group projects, and work closely with a world-class product management team to build out a highly scalable, high-performance networking platform.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Execute on technical user stories and feature requests provided by the Product Management team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Research cutting edge networking hardware/technologies and tools to continue evolving our product and service offerings
- Monitor all globally deployed customer network devices and controllers using existing dashboards and monitoring tools
- Deploy hardware, software and firmware upgrades to network devices as needed
- Train internal enablement teams on the proper use of networking hardware and software as needed, and communicate upcoming changes to key internal stakeholders
- Work with security/compliance and NOC team to maintain industry compliance requirements
- Make recommendations for strategic changes in the hardware and software configurations to improve technical, data integrity and security, and/or to deliver improved applications utility to end users
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Minimum two year experience working with network operating systems, network diagnostics, monitoring and analysis tools in a cloud managed environment with 24x7x365 uptime requirements
- Hand-on experience with configuration, design, provisioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN, WAN and WLAN networks with cloud managed global deployments. Following technologies highly preferred:
- Cisco/Meraki (Full Stack)
- Ubiquiti Unifi (Controller/Devices)
- Working knowledge of enterprise-class routers, switches (L2/L3), firewalls and wireless access points
- Experience with researching/testing/selection of network hardware and software
- Experience with Python/scripting languages and network automation
- Experience with wireless networking fundamentals including site survey activities and high density planning/deployment/troubleshooting
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Option to work hybrid or in office in Dublin
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Pension and matching
- Extended medical cover
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Expanded parental leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toast Headquarters Location
Toast Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Toast Founded Year
Toast Total Amount Raised
Toast Funding RoundsView funding details