Model Validation Lead - Fraud Machine Learning - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Model Validation Lead - Fraud Machine Learning
- Job Location
- Remote US
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
We’re looking for an intelligent, driven professional to join our Model Risk Management (MRM) team. This team seeks to establish, maintain and oversee an effective MRM framework to identify, quantify, monitor, mitigate and report on model risk throughout the company. You will have an outstanding opportunity to work cross-functionally to develop a profound understanding of models that drive critical business decisions and add value to the company by mitigating risks due to ineffective model design or model misuse.
What you'll do
- Perform independent challenges of machine learning models used for fraud detection/fraud risk management through thorough validation and ongoing monitoring. Identify model weaknesses and opportunities for improvement;
- Collaborate with model owners to remediate model validation findings;
- Partner cross-functionally to implement and maintain the company’s MRM framework;
- Partner with Internal Audit, Internal Controls, and Compliance to ensure timely resolution of audit and regulatory requests.
What we look for
- 5+ years of professional experience in related technical areas such as model development, model validation, data science
- Deep and broad knowledge and experience in machine learning modeling, fraud detection, and fraud risk management
- Strong coding skills in Python + SQL
- Oriented toward detail, curious about data/models/algorithms, skilled at critical thinking and problem solving
- Extraordinary interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds