Mobile Software Engineering Manager, Otter - Los Angeles - OtterView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Mobile Software Engineering Manager, Otter - Los Angeles
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, California
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Who we are
In the past, to be a successful restaurateur, you simply had to have a passion for food and a passion for people - but to succeed as a digital restaurateur you also need to have a passion for technology. We believe in the joy of serving others, and that's why we created Otter – to help restaurateurs succeed in online food delivery. Restaurants around the world, both large and small, including Chick-fil-A, Ben & Jerry’s, KFC, and Eataly trust our software to power their delivery business. We increase sales, reduce order issues, and decrease delivery headaches.
What you’ll do
- Lead, direct, coach, and review the work of software engineering personnel to accomplish near-term and long-term operational plans and results.
- Maintain strong, cohesive relationships with GMs and PMs for the lifecycle of products from inception to launch.
- Analyze product requirements, break them down into actionable tasks, and develop comprehensive work plans that outline the necessary resources, milestones, and timelines.
- Provide accurate project estimations, considering various factors such as team capacity, skills, and potential risks.
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of total software engineering experience.
- 3+ years of leadership experience; ideally 5+ headcount.
- The ability to allocate resources effectively to maintain a balance between workload distribution and team productivity is crucial.
- Android software engineering is a must; iOS is a plus.
- POS development experience is ideal.
Why join us
- Early-stage company: Join one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies revolutionizing the food industry
- Growing market: You’ll be focused on an $80 billion market that’s projected to reach at least $500 billion by 2030 in the US alone.
- Changing the restaurant industry: You’ll be part of a team that helps restaurants succeed in online food delivery.
- Collaborative environment: You will receive support and guidance from experienced colleagues and managers, helping you to learn, grow and achieve your goals, and you’ll work closely with other teams to ensure our customer’s success.
What else you need to know
This role is based in our Los Angeles office. We believe that people do their best work when they are together. As a company, we’re in the marketplace of ideas and innovation. When you’re constantly innovating, changing how an industry works, inventing new products and processes - and we are doing all these things - we believe we’re better as a team in-person. That’s why all of our teams (except for our field-based roles) are now working from one of our office locations 5 days a week. Looking forward to sharing more about a Career of Substance at Otter!
Ready to join us as we serve those who serve others?
Otter Headquarters Location
New York, NY
Otter Company Size
Between 20 - 100 employees
Otter Founded Year
Otter Total Amount Raised
Otter Funding RoundsView funding details