Microfluidics Engineer - Shennon BiotechnologiesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Microfluidics Engineer
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA
- Job Description
We are a well-funded startup based in San Francisco in the Dogpatch neighborhood next to UCSF Mission Bay. We have developed a proprietary ultrahigh throughput single cell platform to profile the immune system to find better targets for immunotherapy. We are looking for a microfluidics engineer to join our interdisciplinary team. The candidate should have deep expertise in microfluidics and single cell manipulations, and be able to execute on independent projects. He/she is expected to adapt quickly and communicate well, especially in a fast-paced startup environment. The candidate will collaborate with other microfluidics engineers and be part of an exciting journey.
We pay a competitive salary with equity and full benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match, daily lunch and commuter benefits.
- Design, fabricate, and test droplet-based microfluidic devices for various applications
- Lead microfabrication processes including soft lithography, photolithography, etching, bonding, and other relevant techniques
- Develop, modify, and optimize protocols for the generation, manipulation, and analysis of droplets in microfluidic systems
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to integrate microfluidic devices with other systems, ensuring seamless and efficient interfacing
- Document and present findings, methodologies, and developments to both technical and non-technical audiences
Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Materials Science and Engineering, or a relevant field with experiences in microfluidics and working with cells.
- 2+ years of experiences in microfluidics, especially in single cell manipulations and single cell sequencing
- Experience in working in a cleanroom environment, and with microfabrication techniques
- Ability to design and build optical and microfluidics systems
- Experience with CAD software (e.g., Solidworks)
- Experience with programming and simulation (e.g., Python, MATLAB, COMSOL)
- Execute fast with high quality results, with a habit of excellence.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Preferred (but not mandatory)
- Experience with high-throughput screening or single-cell analysis using microfluidics
- Expertise in building systems for droplet merging, sorting, mixing and other droplet manipulations
- Experience in designing barcodes, libraries, assays and systems for single cell tagging and sequencing
- Prior experiences working at startups
Job Type: Full-time, Mon-Fri
Pay: $75,000 - $95,000 in salary depending on depth of expertise + bonuses + equity
Benefits: 401K match + lunch+ commuter benefits + health insurance (100% premium covered) + life insurance
Collaboration, Ownership and Authenticity.
Shennon Biotechnologies Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Shennon Biotechnologies Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Shennon Biotechnologies Founded Year
Shennon Biotechnologies Total Amount Raised
Shennon Biotechnologies Funding RoundsView funding details