Medical Assistant - Eustis - VillageMDView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant - Eustis
- Job Location
- Eustis, FL
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Join Village Medical as a Medical Assistant in Eustis.
Clinic Location: 101 W Ardice Ave Eustis FL 32726
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation.
Why Village Medical?
At Village Medical, we're looking for a Medical Assistant to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As a Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for providing patient support and communication and facilitating an exceptional patient experience to build and reinforce satisfaction, trust, and drive organizational loyalty. Accountable for welcoming and preparing the patient for their appointment, the Medical Assistant informs patients of relevant and required information for their visit and provides clear communication around the services they are scheduled to receive.
How you can make a difference as a Medical Assistant:
- Demonstrates kindness and compassion in all patient interactions
- Prepares and administers PO, IM, and ID medications as directed by the Provider, utilizing the “Rights of Vaccine or Medication Administration”
- Performs point-of-care laboratory tests, EKGs as ordered or indicated, and suture/staple removal, and dressing changes, and other patient care activities
- Collects and documents vital signs, histories, and screenings
- Provides instruction to the patient regarding medications and diet
- Authorizes prescription refills as directed
- Prepares patients, room, and supplies for visit or examination
- Performs phlebotomy and correctly processes specimens
- Cleans and maintains treatment rooms and equipment
- Performs quality controls and equipment checks
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver’s license, authorizations, referrals and other required appointment documentation and appropriately saves them in practice EMR
- Performs demographic and insurance validation, and informs patient of privacy policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients and assists with patient comfort should delays arise
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges and outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on a daily basis
- Keeps the reception and patient waiting areas clean and organized
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in accordance with established policies and procedures
Skills for success as a Medical Assistant:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
- Detail-oriented and committed to providing safe patient care
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: Navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented; comfortable in an ever-changing environment
- Communication: Conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing
- Collaboration: Team player
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Humility: Low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change as a Medical Assistant:
- Certified Medical Assistant or eligible within 90 days of hire
- 1 year of experience preferred
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers preferred; required within 90 days of employment
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
How you will thrive as a Medical Assistant:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, and a valuable health benefits package, Village Medical offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You will work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you will make a difference. You’ll see a clear connection between your daily work and the advancement of innovative solutions for improved quality of healthcare.
Our unique Village Medical culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference.
At Village Medical, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Village Medical are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with Village Medical as a Medical Assistant today!
VillageMD Headquarters Location
VillageMD Company Size
Between 1,000 - 2,000 employees
VillageMD Founded Year
VillageMD Total Amount Raised
VillageMD Funding RoundsView funding details