Medical Advisor, US East Coast (Freelance) - Flo HealthView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Medical Advisor, US East Coast (Freelance)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We’re quite proud of our achievements…
250M+ downloads, 50M+ monthly users, #1 by installs in the iOS Health category, 4.9 stars on the App Store (3M+ reviews), backed by 7 VCs, annual revenue at 9 figures, and a valuation close to $1B.
…and we’re just getting started.
We’re Flo Health, a rapidly growing, Series B funded HealthTech building the essential digital health partner of tomorrow to empower women, girls, and people who menstruate with the knowledge and support they need to stay well and live better.
And there's never been a more exciting time to join us.
Our cycle, ovulation and pregnancy tracking, educational content and anonymised community platform have been trusted for years by millions to help them feel more in control of their health every day.
Now though, we’re harnessing the power of data analytics and AI to build a smarter future, one where we all know our bodies better - we’re set to become the world’s favourite female health brand.
Big plans, right?
They absolutely are - that’s why we’re hiring.
Medical and Scientific credibility is the foundation. It’s the core of who and what Flo is.
As a group, these teams engage thought leaders and KOLs (100+ and counting!), establish research partnerships (Stanford University, Johns Hopkins University, Northwestern University, and others), help Developers design our intuitive AI tools, check our Medical Accuracy, and drive medical credibility across the whole platform.
This role’s an important freelance position as part of our Medical team, and our only US Medical Advisor. We're ideally looking for someone based on the East Coast so there's a little overlap with EU teams, but we're open on location.
It’s a contract role with ad-hoc hours (estimated as 10-20 hours per month) and would be a fantastic opportunity either for an experienced medical healthtech contractor/freelancer, or an experienced OB-GYN looking to get experience in healthtech.
Day to day, you’d be representing Flo and supporting women’s health globally, with a focus on US markets driving forward content and PR initiatives, supporting the existing team of five EU Doctors and being the US based face of Flo Health in lay (non-medical) traditional and social media.
- Qualification as a Medical Doctor (MD)
- 3+ years of OB-GYN clinical experience (can be an OB-GYN resident or fully qualified OBGYN)
Nice to have:
- Creating and filming content for social media
- Providing quotes for the press
- Review of content aimed at a lay audience (non medical audience)
What you'll be doing
You'll be responsible for:
- Ensuring medical accuracy of content (in app and outside of app)
- Partaking in social media and PR activities
You'll be targeted to:
- Respond to task requests within 24 hours
- Deliver 6-8 pieces of relevant social content per month with our Social team
- Commentary and feature collaboration with our PR team (4-5 per month); proactively seeking out topics to comment on
- 1-2 OpEds / columns per quarter
- 1-2 press events per year
- Work on tasks related to in-app content and new app features
A note on remuneration:
Our rates vary depending on the experience, expertise and value-add of the person we bring into our positions.
Freelance contractors are exempt from other employee benefits. Former colleagues have worked with us on a consultancy basis at rates of $125-250 USD per hour.
We’re open to discussion - if you have the experience for the job and expectations in mind, we’re always open to hearing them!
People perform better when they’re happy, paid well, looked after and supported.
That’s just a fact.
On top of competitive salaries, we offer Flo's permanent employees:
- A fully flexible working environment wherever you’re at your best: at home, in our offices, or a mix-and-match of both
- Company equity grants through Flo’s employee share option plan (ESOP)
- Paid holiday and sick leave (dependent on location)
- Fully paid female health and sick leave, in addition to holiday and regular sick leave
- Workations - an opportunity to work abroad for two months’ a year
- Six months' paid Maternity Leave, and one months' paid Paternity Leave (subject to qualifying conditions) inclusive of same-sex and adoptive parents
- Career growth, progression, and learning development resources
- Annual salary reviews
- As many free premium Flo subscriptions as you’d like
- A whole host of other benefits (health/pension/social schemes, dependent on location)
It’s pretty hard to condense a culture down to a few words, but we do all have a few things in common.
We’re problem solvers, we’re adaptable, we’re empathy driven and results led.
People here like working in a fast-paced, multi-national, multi-cultural and ever changing environment. Everyone has an impact on a powerful mission, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to ideate solutions and put them in place. Being part of a rapidly growing business means that the answers aren’t always there for us already, but that’s okay; it’s part of the excitement!
If this resonates, we might be the right place for you.
We know that building the future of female health isn’t going to be easy,
but we’re hoping you’re up for the challenge.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The strength of our workforce is in the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and Flo is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. This means recruitment and selection of talent into Flo Health companies is only based on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Shortlisting, interviewing, and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, color, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or beliefs, ancestry, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, pregnancy or maternity status, trade union membership, or any other protected characteristics.
Flo Health Headquarters Location
Flo Health Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Flo Health Founded Year
Flo Health Total Amount Raised
Flo Health Funding RoundsView funding details