Media Strategist (Evergreen Job) - Vox MediaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Media Strategist (Evergreen Job)
- Job Location
- New York, Los Angeles & Chicago (US Only)
- Job Description
WHO WE ARE
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
Media Strategy is always looking for top talent and we want to connect with candidates throughout the year. The current job post is an evergreen position and not an active position. The Media Strategy team is using this post as a way to source and field top candidates.
Owner of the media plan and planning tool, quarterback of the internal RFP pre-sale process. Responsible for ensuring the internal order management system is up to date from pitch to wrap and the Reservation Calendar is up to date.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sales, account strategist, and marketing & planning
- Knowledgeable of Vox Media lines of business and product stack, allowing for creation of media plans in internal order management system and agency/client facing templates based on rate and inventory guidelines, client KPIs, and packaging strategies
- Own internal media planning tool to ensure media plans are staying in line with cost of sale guidelines, while partnering with Systems & Inventory team to make informed pricing and yield management decisions
- Book and maintain reservations for all RFP/Campaign proposals throughout the sales cycle, pitch to wrap
- Partner with post-sale teams, particularly the account strategist, to ensure a smooth transition from pre-to-post sale, while also ensuring that media plans remain up to date in the order management system throughout the life of the campaign.
WHO YOU ARE
- 1+ years experience in media planning for high volume, and/or integrated digital advertising campaign RFPs or relevant internship/coursework experience
- Demonstrated ability to be strategic in pre-sale (RFP stage), aligning client KPIs with appropriate product offerings, while also factoring in past historical knowledge
- Agency and/or publisher media planning experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to articulate clearly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task and thrive while juggling many projects at once
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job can be either fully remote or flex (requiring 3 days a week in one of our offices located in Chicago or NYC).
WHY VOX MEDIA?
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves and create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products and services come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work and sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights and best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency and communication. Learn more about our values here, and our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, and how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.
The salary range listed below represents the minimum and maximum base pay for this position at the time of this posting. Final salary offered to the candidate selected for the position will be based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience.Pay Range$65,000—$80,000 USD
Vox Media Headquarters Location
Vox Media Company Size
Between 500 - 2,000 employees
Vox Media Founded Year
Vox Media Total Amount Raised
Vox Media Funding RoundsView funding details