Mechanical Engineer - AGILE Space IndustriesView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Mechanical Engineer
- Job Location
- Durango, CO
- Job Description
Company & Mission:
Located in Durango, CO, AGILE Space Industries designs, builds, and tests in-space propulsion systems for satellites and spacecraft. AGILE uses state of the art 3D metal alloy printing techniques to rapidly design, manufacture, and test new engine designs in our purpose-built propulsion test facility. With over a decade of experience testing rocket engines, and engineers who have worked at industry leaders like SpaceX, NASA, and Rocketdyne, AGILE is a rapidly growing company with many exciting Defense, Civil and Commercial programs.
AGILE is seeking mechanical engineer who will be part of the propulsion design team. This role will be embedded in multi-disciplinary project teams working to specify, design, prototype, and produce advanced rocket engines and propulsion systems. Responsibilities may include design of structures, assemblies, mechanisms, bearings, seals, pressure vessels, and fluid components as well as design for manufacturing, thermal and stress analysis, and component, material, and process selection.
- Design components and assemblies for chemical rocket systems.
- Conduct structural, thermal, and fluid analysis of components and systems.
- Create engineering drawings and plan manufacturing of components.
- Coordinate with AGILE’s test and manufacturing teams as well as external suppliers
- Practice critical problem solving, task prioritization, and relationship management
- B.S. or advanced degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Demonstrated experience working with complex mechanisms and structures
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in team environments
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative in a high cadence environment
- Proficient with CAD (SolidWorks preferred), or other design and analysis software
- Established knowledge of solid and fluid mechanics concepts
- Candidate must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Experience designing for extreme temperature, highly corrosive, or in-space environments.
- Experience in precision mechanism design
- Experience in design for additive manufacturing
- Experience with designing and analyzing fluid system components such as pressure vessels, control valves, and fittings.
- Knowledge of GD&T principles and techniques
- Proficiency in ANSYS
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Durango, CO
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$130,000
The salary ranges provided in this job posting are indicative and may be adjusted for individual candidates commensurate with experience or technical capabilities. All permanent full time AGILE employees also are eligible to participate in the employee stock option plan as part of a comprehensive remuneration package
AGILE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
AGILE Space Industries Headquarters Location
AGILE Space Industries Company Size
Between 50 - 200 employees
AGILE Space Industries Founded Year
AGILE Space Industries Total Amount Raised
AGILE Space Industries Funding RoundsView funding details