Mechanical Design Engineer, EPC - Redwood MaterialsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Mechanical Design Engineer, EPC
- Job Location
- Sparks, NV
- Job Description
About Redwood MaterialsRedwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
Mechanical Design Engineer, EPC
Redwood Materials is currently recruiting Mechanical Engineers to join our Infrastructure Development team. These roles are at the center of our activities focused on creating a sustainable circular economy for lithium-ion batteries by transforming recycled materials into battery materials for new lithium-ion battery production.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as Mechanical Engineer of Record on projects (Hazardous occupancy, clean and dry spaces, chemical process / industrial plants), responsible for mechanical / plumbing deliverables (specifications, calculations, permit / construction documents).
- Design ownership for a wide range of mechanical and plumbing systems including, but not limited to: industrial/non-potable water, HVAC systems (labs, offices, industrial plants), process heating / cooling systems humidifiers, dehumidifiers, abatement systems (dust collectors, scrubbers), cooling towers, fans/pumps, plumbing, etc.
- Review conceptual designs from developing Engineers and identify technical and financial risks.
- Responsible for designing/reviewing mechanical engineering deliverables with respect to code compliance and ensuring design maintains the highest level of quality.
- Develop and improve project workflows and standards to ensure each design is consistently excellent.
- Participate in on-field construction and commissioning activities by serving as the point of contact for technical questions and real-time issue resolution.
- Multi-discipline collaboration on the development of equipment general arrangements, P&IDs, isometrics, tie-in lists and material takeoffs.
- Travel to project site and meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent discipline.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with NCEES record with ability to apply for NV and SC
- 7+ years of work experience in HVAC and Plumbing/FP design.
- Expert familiarity with ICC including International Energy Conservation, Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Codes, NFPA standards, SMACNA duct construction standards, ACGIH Ventilation Practices and ASHRAE
- Working knowledge of designing the following equipment types: condenser fluid heat rejection systems, chillers, boilers, air handling units, air and water source heat pumps, dust collectors, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, fans, and pumps.
- Working knowledge or experience with the following is preferred: Abatement systems (thermal oxidizers, dry and wet scrubbers), Heat Exchangers (shell/tube, plate/frame, brazed fin), Control Valves and Instrumentation, and Heat Recovery Systems.
- Working knowledge of writing sequences of operation for HVAC and chilled water systems.
- Ability to specify ductwork material and size for various ducted exhaust systems and pressure classes.
- Ability to specify pipe material and size for various thermal hydronic systems.
- Ability to create or edit construction specifications covering mechanical, process piping and plumbing systems.
- Proficient in the use of Revit and AutoCAD. Experience sourcing and specifying mechanical equipment and executing RFP process.
- Strong experience with engineering software packages: Pipe-Flo (or other hydraulic modeling application), Caesar II, AspenTech applications and/or Applied Flow Technology applications, Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, Navisworks, Bluebeam.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment with Redwood Materials, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, professional or employment information, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment. If you have additional privacy-related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Redwood Materials Headquarters Location
Carson City, NV
Redwood Materials Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Redwood Materials Founded Year
Redwood Materials Total Amount Raised
Redwood Materials Funding RoundsView funding details