Marketing Specialist - MongoDBView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Marketing Specialist
- Job Location
- Remote North America
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our growing Global Demand Generation team and transform the way we bring MongoDB to market. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Demand Generation, the Marketing Specialist will assist with marketing plans, strategies, and tactics that build demand across Developers and IT Decision Makers. Working across marketing and the wider company, MongoDB’s Demand Generation team has a direct impact on corporate sales, profit and market share objectives. The Marketing Specialist is a critical role in building out the team. They will be responsible for learning and maintaining best-in class marketing practices and performance on a daily basis.
This role can be based out of a MongoDB office or remotely in the North America region.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Support Campaign Initiatives: Work alongside a Senior Director, campaign managers, writers, and database marketing manager with campaign execution including email, web events, paid media, social media, internal communications, and more
- Campaign Execution Support: Responsible for campaign execution support which includes, but is not limited to: campaign set-up process, creative requests and trafficking
- Support MongoDB’s Database Marketing Strategy: Partner with database marketing manager in the execution of the MongoDB email marketing strategy. Responsibilities will include: supporting the strategy to increase engagement across all email streams, working with internal teams to plan and execute ongoing testing, reporting, and monitoring the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers
- Work with the Sr. Director to define and implement the overall web event strategy - webinars, livestreams and other - in support of Global Integrated Campaigns. Responsibilities will include, but is not limited to: execution support, developing and implementing guidelines and best practices for planning and executing webinars, responsibility for management of webinar platform (s), monitoring the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers, and staying on top of video and webinar trends, formats
- Support the campaign translation process working with cross-functional teams across EMEA and APAC
- Drive Our Content Engine: Supports two writers in the managing content requests and finalization of content for external consumption
- Be A Team Player: Accept ownership for new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to the demand generation team
- Become an Audience Expert: Get to know the Developer and ITDM audiences and learn to speak their language
- Collaborate Across Teams: Represent Demand Generation throughout the organization. Partner with Product Marketing, Field Marketing, Growth, Design, Events, Comms and others to ensure our efforts are cohesive, inspiring, and delivered consistently across every touchpoint
Our Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS in Marketing or related field preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels and in a virtual environment
- Must be a self starter, detail-oriented, and exceptionally well-organized
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills a must
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate multiple, high-priority projects
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
You’ll be successful if you
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
- Are open, honest, proactively contribute, and collaborate with others
- Can tell clear stories that make complex ideas simple and resonate
- Have interest in becoming an expert in MongoDB's product ecosystem and competitive landscape and making informed decisions using that information
- Are eager to learn and grow in a thriving Marketing Organization
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB Headquarters Location
New York, NY
MongoDB Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
MongoDB Founded Year
MongoDB Total Amount Raised
MongoDB Funding RoundsView funding details