Marketing Manager - MedMenView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Marketing Manager
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
As a Marketing Manager for a leading multi-state cannabis retailer, you will join a high-performing marketing team to manage and execute day-to-day campaign tasks and support the success of MedMen’s business goals and key objectives. This cross-functional team role will work closely with C-suite and members of the Marketing department, as well as key partners in Creative/Design, Buying/Sales, Retail, Product, Visual Merchandising, and Compliance/Legal to deliver and execute best-in-class marketing campaign strategies.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong operational, managerial, and analytical skills to support the successful execution of day-to-day operations. You should be an excellent communicator, presenter, and strategist who is passionate about compelling brand storytelling, in the cannabis, lifestyle, and wellness industries and beyond. We are looking for a manager who values visionary thinking, and who is both a leader and team player with strong cross-functional team dynamics. You will help foster, strengthen, and guide a growing team that is aligned, motivated, and united in tackling challenging new goals together.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee and manage the Marketing team’s daily cross-functional campaign operations, including but not limited to email/SMS, social media management, e-commerce, CRM/loyalty, paid media, partnerships, third party listings, and OOH advertising.
- Collaborate with C-Suite and cross-functional partners to define and provide strategic perspective on marketing executions across all markets.
- Creative strategic development and execution of marketing campaigns from a content/storytelling, brand, and promotional/sales perspective.
- Oversee multi-channel marketing calendar planning and strategy to ensure team delivers revenue goals while also reinforcing MedMen brand positioning.
- Identify key missed opportunities to propose strategies to test and win new customers and drive foot traffic to retail doors.
- Help define the identification and curation of online to offline journeys for consumers within the network with cross-functional partners.
- Oversee, manage, and support CRM/email marketing strategy and loyalty initiatives in collaboration with Digital/CRM Manager.
- Manage and streamline new process development for a growing team.
- Oversee and execute the submission of creative briefs in collaboration with Creative/Design to deliver assets and campaign materials.
- Cross-functionally support brand and consumer research and insights, monitoring culture, consumer, market, and category trends and competitors.
- Audit, analyze, and improve overall third party listing strategy on Weedmaps, Leafly, Google, and Yelp, identifying key opportunities for growth and maximized ROI.
- Oversee the Marketing team’s e-commerce support executions, including light CMS update support (ex: web banners) and SEO.
- Support the management of agencies and vendors cross-collaboratively with the Marketing team.
- Forecast, prepare, and manage marketing financial objectives and budgets.
- Work closely with key Marketing team members to strategize and execute social media marketing initiatives and partnership opportunities.
- Help foster a strong, supportive team culture, both internally, and externally with brand partners, vendors, and agencies.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- 5+ years of experience in brand marketing, consumer marketing, retail marketing, and/or related experience in digital marketing.
- Experience developing, strategizing, and executing content/campaigns from conception to delivery.
- Effective leadership skills, experience with developing/onboarding a growing team and compelling others to drive results with accountability and support.
- Strong knowledge of brand strategy and product launch lifecycle management.
- Experience working with/briefing creative teams for high-volume deliverables.
- Strong cross-functional team collaboration skills.
- Strong verbal, writing, and presentation communication skills.
- Passion for creating best-in-class customer experiences at the retail/experiential level.
- Self-motivated and highly organized to manage multiple projects within a team and with cross-functional partners.
- Strong problem-solving skills and comfort in navigating ambiguous situations.
- Flexible and quick to adapt to changing priorities.
- Supervises staff, including hiring, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, and recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations.
- Essential physical requirements, such as climbing, standing, stooping, or typing.
- Typical work hours are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and can include some evenings, weekends and holidays as the workload demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- This position requires traveling 10-15% of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.
MedMen Headquarters Location
Culver City, CA
MedMen Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
MedMen Founded Year
MedMen Total Amount Raised
MedMen Funding RoundsView funding details
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Equity
Post Ipo Debt