Marketing Database Specialist - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Marketing Database Specialist
- Job Location
- San Ramon, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a critical role within the marketing organization. Data is the lifeblood of our go-to-market strategy and this role will be the responsible party for marketing’s data operations. This entails ensuring Accela can reach and influence its Total Addressable Market as effectively and efficiently as possible by managing and executing our data needs.
Reporting to the Director Program Operations, the Marketing Database Specialist will be solely responsible for growing, enriching, and managing the Accela database of marketable customer and prospect contacts and segments, including all its data, processes, governance, and reporting. Key actions include leveraging 3rd party and internal sources to enhance account intelligence, matching data from different sources against the existing database, as well as refreshing segmentation, tiering, profiling, job functions, contact data and ensuring all scores and models remain up to date. You love gathering and manipulating data!
You will partner with Marketing Ops, Field Marketing, Sales, Sales Ops, Product Marketing, and marketing leadership to define database growth strategies, evaluate and implement tools to assist in cleaning and normalizing the database, and will team closely with marketing ops and demand gen colleagues to identify effective audience segments to target. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of marketing and understands how contact and account data support revenue growth.
You will also be responsible for producing, automating, and maintaining marketing performance reporting and analysis. Both marketing KPIs and business impact metrics will be tracked.
- Maintain Accela prospect and customer database strategy and operations to ensure its completeness, accuracy, cleanliness, and organization.
- Work with 3rdparty vendors and tools to regularly enrich database at both the account and contact level. Develop and implement strategies to grow the marketable database in desired segments.
- Collaborate with demand gen team to design campaign segmentation strategy and process, and then fulfill day-to-day data needs for campaign operations. Focus will be on precise and thorough customer and prospect targeting -- the goal of which is to generate and optimize quality leads from marketing campaigns. Responds in a timely manner to list development requests.
- Ensure data is captured, tracked, and recorded correctly and consistently – and that these processes are documented and controlled across Salesforce, our data warehouse, and Marketo.
- Conduct routine, in-depth assessments of the database to determine areas of needed growth and hygiene, provide recommendations for improvement, and implement. Develop reports / dashboards to track database health and status.
- Partner with internal Marketo team to investigate data sync issues between Salesforce and Marketo and provide improvement process and workflow recommendations.
- Import new prospect data and update current customer data from events, tradeshows, and other 3rd party marketing programs.
- Support routine, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting of Marketing progress towards goals.
- Determine the set of data management tools, automation, and processes needed to scale with the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in a marketing database role
- 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and database quality best practices, and best-in-class data hygiene practices
- Systems and Tools Experience – a deep understanding and working knowledge of any/all of these:
- Proficient user of Salesforce.com
- Good working knowledge of Marketo or comparable marketing automation tool
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Proven history of collaboration and creative problem solving, while working both independently and in cross functional teams
- Ability to translate campaign strategies into data extract files and support campaign projects across multiple channels
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations
- Strength prioritizing and organizing effectively in order to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work well with people from all areas of the organization, different disciplines, and varying degrees of technical and business experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI or similar business intelligence tool strongly preferred
- Experience in a SaaS company and / or regulated industry like govtech
- Salesforce administration experience is a plus
- Demonstrated success presenting data in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action by marketing and sales
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 339 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Total Amount Raised
Accela Funding RoundsView funding details