Marketing and Communications Manager - Material EvolutionView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- Job Location
- Middlesbrough (Teesside)
- Job Description
Marketing and Communications Manager
Competitive Salary and Package
Location – Remote
Material Evolution is the future of materials. After China and the US, Cement is the biggest contributor to Carbon Emissions globally, and that’s why Material Evolution exists. We’re challenging and disrupting the $500bn cement market, and it’s not something we take lightly
Having recently raised £15m in Series A and with a new, purpose-built R&D facility being constructed in addition to a production facility in North Wales, there is already an amazing success story to tell. As a team of 23 highly motivated people with global ambitions, Material Evolution is already a company that is shifting the needle in this industry. Having discovered (and patented) a novel geopolymer cement that is both carbon-neutral and superior to existing cements by virtually every measurable standard, we are taking this product to market by partnering with some of the world’s leading industrial materials companies.
As we continue to grow rapidly, our Marketing and Communications Manager will be crucial in telling the Mevo story and shaping the global conversation around our journey, through the development and delivery of a comprehensive strategy. As our first ever Marketing/Comms hire, this is a multifaceted position that offers a steep learning curve and significant opportunity to craft our go-to-market strategy from the ground up. If you're passionate about joining a company with immense potential for environmental impact then read on.
About the role
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Developing and executing a strategic communication plan to enhance Material Evolution's brand image and reputation
- Developing, cultivating and managing positive relationships with media contacts, influencers, and key stakeholders to secure meaningful and regular media coverage to maximise brand exposure
- Planning and coordinating media events, press conferences, and product launches to generate media interest and coverage
- Creating engaging content for various channels, including press releases, articles, blog posts, social media posts, and website content
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams (including freelancers and agencies) to provide communication support for various initiatives, from product launches to corporate comms and crisis management.
We’re looking for an experienced Communications Manager or Marketing/PR Manager, preferably within a high-growth impact start up with proven experience in developing and executing integrated communication strategies across multiple channels. You will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information clearly.
- Strong storytelling and content creation abilities, with a keen eye for detail and creativity.
- In-depth understanding of media relations and experience building and maintaining positive relationships with external partners.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and manage multiple projects while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with effective prioritization abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing integrated communication strategies that positively impact brand reputation and awareness.
What you’ll get from us
- 💥 Progress. Learn and get promoted fast in line with our rapid growth plans;
- 👥 Away Days. Quarterly team offsites for some well-earned R+R;
- 🤸♂️ Flexible working, environment and hours. We're outcome-focussed and we trust you to deliver;
- 🏖 Time off. 25 days of paid time off per year;
- 💻 Technology. Whatever equipment you need to be successful in your mission;
- 🎓 Extensive upskilling, learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
We are flexible about where in the UK you are based, as long as you can travel to our Head Office in Middlesbrough (North East England) once a month or so). Diversity and Inclusion is super important to us and we want the best people to thrive regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or background. To apply or reach out with any queries please send your CV or contact Sarah Harrison-Lamb at our retained recruitment partners Work Matters email@example.com
Material Evolution Headquarters Location
Material Evolution Company Size
Between 10 - 50 employees
Material Evolution Founded Year
Material Evolution Funding RoundsView funding details