Market Vice President (Midwest - TX) - SomatusView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Market Vice President (Midwest - TX)
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
The Market Vice President (MVP), reporting to the Group President, will lead the clinical and non-clinical functions of a Population Health Business Group within designated geographical regions. The MVP will drive business growth and positive patient outcomes within the Somatus Value-Based Kidney Care delivery and prevention models, and provide thoughtful leadership throughout the organization regarding population health strategies to drive positive business, patient, and community outcomes. Key aspects of this position involve reducing unnecessary utilization, total cost of care (TCOC) and MLR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation phases of Somatus’ Population Health Management strategy for a defined market/geography, including public health strategy prevention, education, and health outreach.
- Leading an organization consisting of care team members and physician groups that we partner with to improve the quality of care for our members and reducing the overall TCOC.
- Build on Somatus’ vision and plan for increased access to affordable healthcare for low-income and at-risk patient populations.
- Partner with cross-continuum leaders to develop and implement population health operational plans.
- Accountable for meeting market EBITA budget as well as generating cost savings and executing on proper resource utilization.
- Work closely with Product Innovation and Clinical Leadership to understand the future needs for healthcare delivery models in Somatus’ markets and sites of care.
- Manage reporting against population health metrics, in collaboration with Technology’s Informatics and Analytics leadership, to ensure accurate measurement of outcomes.
- Coach, mentor, and counsel clinical and non-clinical managers to meet expected performance criteria.
- Cultivate strong community relations with community PCPs, specialists, acute care, SNF, LTC and ALF facilities.
- Ownership of patient engagement metrics, strategies, and tactics.
- Work with local team and corporate to identify and implement innovative approaches to drive net savings and improve documentation.
- Recruit, hire, manage and retain a high performing team at all levels.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with health plan business and clinical counterparts.
- Serve as the key account manager for the health plan relationship, including but not limited to leading Joint Operating Committee meetings, attending key executive meetings, and serving as a partner for operational needs as they arise.
- Collaborate with the clinical and operational leadership to plan and execute initiatives to continuously improve the clinical delivery model.
- Monitor all metrics using KPIs to foster our environment of Data Drive Operational Excellence (DDOE) identify opportunities for process improvements and/or staff education to produce optimal outcomes.
- Promote the Somatus program in the local provider, facility, and health plan community, to foster growth of existing programs and develop new health plan relationships.
- Appropriately escalate management issues and risks to the Group President, Operations.
- Participate with senior management on special projects/initiatives.
- Maintains working knowledge of healthcare regulations and health plan policies to ensure compliance.
- Contribute to identifying technology strategy, investments, and platforms needed to support population health centric goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, in global health, health management, business administration or other industry-related field; Preferably a Master’s degree in global health, health management, or business.
- Ten (10) years of Population Health and/or healthcare operational management experience required, 3-5 years at the VP level, preferred.
- Proven track record of reducing unnecessary utilization and TCOC.
- Experience managing minimally a $50M P&L across multiple states and Health or having direct KPI’s and accountability toward a P&L.
- Experience working in a high growth organization.
- Six Sigma certification or background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thought leadership and innovative approaches on how to reduce unnecessary utilization and TCOC.
- Demonstrated success building and motivating high performance, results oriented teams.
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Excellent leadership and self-direction skills, good judgment in handling difficult situations, and good organizational, time management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to and experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organizational strategy for program excellence, and engaging partners.
- Experience with process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at strategic and operational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
The Position works remotely, while covering a large geographic area. Frequent travel to Somatus Corporate office and other locations is required.
- This job operates in a professional office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Normal manual dexterity is required.
- Normal speaking and hearing abilities to interact with others in an office environment, over telephone or other video conferencing platform.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms and continuously repeat the same hand, arm finger motion many times as in typing.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Somatus Headquarters Location
Somatus Company Size
Between 1,000 - 5,000 employees
Somatus Founded Year
Somatus Total Amount Raised
Somatus Funding RoundsView funding details