Manufacturing Equipment Engineering Manager - CelLinkView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Equipment Engineering Manager
- Job Location
- San Carlos, CA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Vehicle power and data have been moved the same way for over 100 years.
This is a new day. At CelLink Corporation, our Team Members are designing, developing, and manufacturing flexible circuits that fundamentally change the transmission of power and data. Lower weight, higher performance, smaller mass, and lower overall system price all drive toward CelLink’s goal of a cleaner environment and more affordable technology.
At CelLink, we are electrified at the prospect of contributing to a technology that is and will be changing mobility for a cleaner and brighter future. We work with very dedicated people on challenging projects that change everyone’s future for the better. If you are eager to create, to learn, and to apply your knowledge, we are looking forward to you joining us on our electrifying mission.
Manufacturing Equipment Engineering Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This person will build and lead a team of highly innovative equipment engineers and technicians that will be responsible for continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment
- Mentor and develop a cross-functional team of engineers with diverse backgrounds
- Manage a team of engineers and technicians that supports 24/7 manufacturing operations
- Coordinate and track activities of engineers, technicians and supporting staff to perform standard maintenance, troubleshooting, and improvement of equipment.
- Manage and track the inventory of critical spare parts and equipment consumables.
- Track causes of equipment down time to identify and eliminate repeat issues or issues that result in significant down time
- Troubleshoot automated manufacturing equipment
- Systematically apply knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and software components to identify and solve problems
- Design, build, test, and roll out production fixtures, jigs, and other tools to support manufacturing operations
- Bridge the gap between product engineering and production
- Work hands-on with roll-to-roll web handling and processing equipment, including rollers, drives, edge guides, brakes, and steering mechanisms.
- Work closely with Equipment Engineers, Process Engineers, and Operators to meet equipment requirements and make improvements to existing systems
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering desired
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment as an Equipment Engineer, Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or similar experience desired
- 2+ years of experience managing a team responsible for manufacturing equipment support, continuous improvement, or design and assembly of manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with design, assembly and/or maintenance of automated manufacturing equipment required
- Willingness to be hands-on required
- Independent problem solver with a desire to learn new skills and develop new technology
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting
- Familiarity and comfort interacting with custom software, industrial PCs, and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented mind set
- Able to adapt to changing requirements in a fast-paced start-up setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong work ethic, and ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to use hand and machine tools safely
A qualified candidate will have a subset of these skills:
- Solid background in using 3D computer aided design software
- Experience using PLC, and device configuration software
- Experiencing managing spares and/or bills of material procurement, inventories and warehousing
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Experience with extracting and analyzing manufacturing data
- Experience with assembly and/or maintenance of roll-to-roll manufacturing equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Physical Demands – Office and Manufacturing Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and pull/push; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment –
Includes both a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, and a shop environment, with exposure to high noise levels from operating machines, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, nuisance dust, and skin exposure to chemicals used to run/maintain machines.
May be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, safety shoes, bump-caps, gloves, hair nets, masks, & clean-room frocks while adhering to the prescribed safety procedures.
The base pay is just one part of CelLink's total compensation package and is determined within a range. The pay range is designed to support your career progression as you learn, grow, and develop within your role. Your base pay range will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
At CelLink, we believe that each employee should have the opportunity to become a CelLink shareholder through participation in CelLink's discretionary employee stock option plan. You'll also receive comprehensive medical and dental coverage and other great benefits.
Note: CelLink benefits, compensation, and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements.San Carlos, CA Base Pay$140,000—$190,000 USD
At CelLink, we believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates are essential to our success. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees while building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal-opportunity employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. CelLink participates in the E-Verify program in specific locations as required by law.
CelLink was founded in 2012 and entered volume production in 2018. CelLink provides electrical systems to the world's leading EV manufacturers, traditional automotive OEMs, and tiered suppliers. The company has raised approximately $315M in funding through private investment and multiple grants from the US Department of Energy. CelLink’s investors include 3M, Atreides, BMW, BorgWarner, Bosch, D1 Capital, Fidelity, Fontinalis Partners, Ford, Franklin Templeton, Lear, Park West, SK Telecom, Standard Investments, T. Rowe Price, Tinicum, and Whale Rock.
CelLink Headquarters Location
San Carlos, CA
CelLink Company Size
Between 100 - 500 employees
CelLink Founded Year
CelLink Total Amount Raised
CelLink Funding RoundsView funding details