Manager, Strategy & Planning - DashMart Canada - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Strategy & Planning - DashMart Canada
- Job Location
- Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Montreal, QC
- Job Description
About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials, grocery, and convenience items to our customers' doorsteps leveraging DoorDash owned and operated darkstores. In this model, DoorDash leases real estate, selects and purchases inventory, sets pricing, and operates the darkstores. This is a new team to DoorDash and is conquering our next large line of business in partnership with a globally recognized Canadian retailer. In this partnership, we will bring a curated selection of convenience and grocery products sourced from a robust supply chain to Canadian consumers in under 30 minutes.
About the Role
In this role you are responsible for…
- Overseeing the creation and execution of the DashMart Canada strategy
- Working with our Retail partner’s executive team to ensure both teams are executing against common goals
- Responsible for creation and preparation of board materials and reporting
- Collaborate with DashMart partners in operations, supply chain, quality, logistics, strategic finance, and accounting to drive efficiencies and results across the organization
- Coordinating quarterly and annual planning for the Dashmart business
- Run weekly DashMart business reviews
- Driving results across the business by partnering with DashMart and cross functional teams
- You will report into the DashMart Canada Country General Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Have the unique opportunity to work with senior team leaders from both DoorDash and the largest Canadian grocery retailer
- Build expertise managing complex projects and stakeholders from across the organization
- Directly impact go-to-market strategy and help build a multi million dollar Canadian convenience and grocery business
- Partner with operations leaders to build a quality strategy that ensures we are building a scalable, high quality business that attracts returning consumers
- Become a leader in a nimble, growing part of the broader DoorDash organization
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of previous experience in consulting, banking or general management at a technology company, e-commerce, marketplace company or equivalent experience
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You’re relentless. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful.
- You succeed with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a variety of disciplines and teams.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details