Manager, Strategy & Operations - Storefront - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Strategy & Operations - Storefront
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
Storefront is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We provide the premier white-label delivery & online ordering capabilities, enabling our merchants to reach customers through their own first-party channels while leveraging their own brand identity and voice. On the Storefront Team, we influence every element of our merchant partners’ business, from marketing, to customer experience, to operations.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Manager to help us grow Storefront with the SMB segment of restaurants. This includes building strategies to acquire merchants and help them grow their business once on the platform. You will be responsible for hitting KRs alongside cross functional teams. On a typical day, you may create merchant growth strategies, run experiments to improve operations, use learnings to inform product strategy, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail and make sure we never stop growing.
You will be a strategy and operations manager with a broad set of responsibilities, including:
- Making strategic investments that grow the business
- Launching new merchant businesses and being a key advisor to existing ones
- Developing, implementing, and driving business-building strategies
- Testing growth opportunities, iterating and scaling them across our SMB merchants
- Designing a best-in-class operating playbook to drive merchant sales and profitability
The best candidates will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, willing to take on big challenges, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Operate at the lowest level of detail - Diving into the data, talking to merchants & customers, and obsessing over the details to make sure we create value for our merchants
- Grow the product — You will be directly responsible for building and growing a business, including developing tailored growth/marketing strategies and leveraging DoorDash technology, talent and resources
- Lead with a merchant-first approach — As the voice of your merchants you’ll be the expert on some of DoorDash’s most important merchants, creating a high degree of visibility and responsibility
- Collaborate — You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners from Product, Engineering, Analytics, Support, and Marketing to drive execution excellence and innovation to make the company 1% better every day
- Scale learnings — You’ll drive thought leadership and best practices that can be leveraged across DoorDash; some of our best products and capabilities started as initiatives on the SMB team
We’re excited about you because…
- Proactive — you’re motivated by the opportunity to deliver genuine value to our partners and build this business, and you’re willing to dive right in
- Persuasive — you have a high EQ and you’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits of DoorDash Drive. You have experience leading projects and succeeding in a cross-functional environment
- Humble — you’re willing to get your hands dirty, collaborate with others, and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable — things change quickly in our industry and you’ll need to be able to keep up
- Entrepreneurial — you seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Experienced —
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters Degree or MBA is a plus
- 6+ years of consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related restaurant experience. High-growth startup experience is a plus
- You back your decisions up with data and you're comfortable pulling SQL (or learning SQL in the first few weeks) or modeling in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Funding Rounds