Manager, Strategy & Operations- New Business Verticals - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Strategy & Operations- New Business Verticals
- Job Location
- New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Austin, TX; Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an entrepreneurial S&O Manager to help scale Pickup, one of our fastest growing new businesses. We're looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our ambitious goals. You have experience building, blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex problems; the ability to think about the short and long term goals; and experience managing critical initiatives from start to finish. In this role, you will scale a new business to customers and merchants across DoorDash’s domestic and international markets.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail - Diving into the data, talking to customers, and obsessing over the details to make sure we delight every customer and create value for every merchant.
- Lead & Advocate - The success of this business will depend on how capable the leader is. They must be able to advocate for their business, lead their cross-functional team to success, and deliver quality results to the customer.
- Experiment - There is not a written rule-book to success here. This leader must figure out how to get from A to B and constantly push to improve and test new opportunities to get 1% better everyday.
- Build & Own - Finding product market fit & creating a new business from the ground up requires a leader who will roll up their sleeves when they need to but can also create a strategy and vision for the future.
- Win - Building a world-class marketplace business will not be easy. This person must be comfortable with the ambiguity & embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- You are a humble leader – You can build a diverse team of strong performers, helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders
- You have 5+ years of experience in startups, strategy, consulting, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience
- You have experience leading a team, growing a business, hitting goals, and succeeding in a cross-functional environment
- You have Excel experience (can perform complex functions and modeling) and basic SQL knowledge (or a willingness to learn it)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details