Manager, Strategy + Operations (Ecosystem Partnerships) - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Strategy + Operations (Ecosystem Partnerships)
- Job Location
- New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA; Los Angeles, CA
- Job Description
About the Team
Platform Products is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We provide premier white-label delivery and pickup capabilities, enabling our merchants across all segments and geos to reach customers through their own first-party channels while leveraging their own brand identity and voice. We influence every element of our merchant partners’ business, from marketing, to customer experience, to operations.
About the Role
We are looking for a Manager to own Ecosystem Partnerships for our BBOT Products. Specifically, helping us launch and scale our partnerships with industry leading technology providers to grow the SMB segment. This is not a sales or account management role – you will be a general manager with a broad set of responsibilities including working alongside product, engineering, marketing, sales and analytics.
You will report into the head of Ecosystem Partnerships + Infrastructure on our Platform Strategy + Operations Team team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop and foster deep relationships with top priority partners to iterate and grow the business
- Build a strong understanding of product market fit, value proposition, pricing, and the competitive landscape, and develop a go-to-market strategy based on these inputs.
- Design a best-in-class operating playbook to drive and measure merchant sales and profitability
- Use data to provide applicable recommendations out of complex datasets
- Experiment, evaluate and test new revenue, cost and quality drivers
We’re excited about you because…
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – Aren’t afraid of failure, and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks
- Humble – You’re willing to get your hands dirty and you’re open to feedback.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems and can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Persuasive – You’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash Drive will bring to their business
- Analytical – You are confident in using data to make decisions, SQL / Excel experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, or operations; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details