Manager, Software Development - AccelaView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Software Development
- Job Location
- Remote Based
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of critical features and components to accelerate the delivery of Accela’s cloud-based products, while coaching and nurturing engineers on your team. You will be part of the Accela Civic Platform team developing critical backend features and capabilities, while also seamlessly integrating with other Accela offerings. You will have daily exposure to a range of technical challenges and customer experiences which will stretch and develop your technical and leadership skills. You are a problem solver who has a passion for delivering high quality software and has a keen eye for attention to details.
- Managing the daily scrum calls.
- Managing the Software Development Team.
- Validate Key Architecture decisions.
- Help Drive Product Strategy.
- Features delivered with high quality standards.
- Lead the team from Design to production deployment and post deployment support.
- Involve in code review and technical discussion.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs.
- Testing and evaluating new framework, design and solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline or work-related equivalent experience required
- 3+ years’ experience as a Software Development Manager, managing scrum teams for software delivery
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong People management, technical leadership, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to comfortably work with Senior Management and be able to provide constructive input into the discussion.
- Ability to work rapidly with the pressure of completing deadlines and frequent interruptions in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to collaborate across IT disciplines and teams including third parties
- Good understanding of database and data fundamentals in SQL Server 2019, Oracle and NoSql databases
- Strong knowledge of Software Development best practices and agile development methodologies is required
- Hands on experience developing in technologies like Java 8, JSP, Servlets, Spring, Spring boot, Jenkins, Rest Web-services and Angular framework
- Strong understanding of design principles, patterns and best practices
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review code
- Experience leading in agile development teams
- Experience with Scrum, GIT, Web API and REST architecture
- Coordinate multiple streams of work and plan releases is a strong plus
- Strong people management skills including mentoring and coaching engineers of all skill levels
- Good understanding of Web Service concepts and experience building RESTful services is required.
- Experience with Containerization and Azure Cloud is a plus
- Experience working with geographically distributed engineering teams
- Strong estimation and resource planning skills is a huge plus
For nearly 20 years, Accela has been an industry leader in designing and delivering government software to improve efficiency, increase citizen engagement and enable the development of thriving communities. Today, citizens are savvy to how services should be delivered, and expect a consistently convenient, openly transparent view into their local government. While government agencies struggle to do more with less, our mission has never been more critical. Accela provides a robust, cloud-based platform of government software solutions that accelerate growth, efficiency, and transparency in communities of all sizes. From planning, to building, to service request management and more, Accela’s SaaS offerings level the playing field for small and medium governments and enable smaller agencies to leverage larger city technologies. Our open and flexible technology helps agencies address specific needs today, while ensuring they are well prepared for the emerging challenges of the future.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Accela believes in developing and nurturing a workplace community where our differences are celebrated, and everyone feels a sense of psychological safety and belonging. Accela is committed to putting resources and attention towards evolving our practices, policies, and philosophies to enable diversity to thrive and to support equity in opportunity for everyone.
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and will respond to requests for job accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or based on disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Accela Headquarters Location
San Ramon, CA
Accela Company Size
Between 200 - 1,000 employees
Accela Founded Year
Accela Funding Rounds