Manager, Risk Operations Applications - AffirmView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Risk Operations Applications
- Job Location
- Remote Canada
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Business Applications Management team focuses on designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the supporting tools for our Risk Operations customer service teams. The Service Operations Administrator/Manager is a key member of our Business Applications team. We’re looking for a strong team member to drive how our projects improve the servicing experience for risk support agents across the globe. You will work directly with the project team and internal clients gathering requirements to analyze, design and/or implement technology best practice business changes. As team leader, you will be responsible for working cross functionally for prioritizing end user outcomes, and improving tooling and reporting, while ensuring that Affirm’s brand and values are represented.
What You'll Do:
- Develop short and long term strategies for risk operations tooling to support the consistent and effective identification, assessment, and mitigation of fraud and AML risk (when applicable).
- Drive a roadmap of initiatives aligned to business and company goals and objectives.
- Lead a team of Service Operations Developers to maintain and customize our Risk Ops Tooling applications to fit the needs of our internal clients and business units
- Manage direct reports on systems development best practices and career development
- Gather business requirements and documenti proposals for system design and improvements
- Structure and build the process and systems for supporting Risk Operations teams
- Provide training and user assistance, to support adoption and ultimately lead to customer satisfaction
- Partner closely with the Fraud Engineering team to ensure best practices for system governance and program management are enforced
What We Look For:
- 5+ years experience in a role in Risk Applications or Operations Management
- 3+ years of people management/leadership experience
- A strong team leader with a focus on employee engagement and empowerment
- Proven experience driving robust outcomes in fraud operational performance through strategy evolution, technology, and data driven insights
- Passion and drive to change customer servicing for the better
- Organized and strategic approach to aross-collaboration and stakeholder management
- Track record of successfully launching and supporting software products
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication
- Obsesses over getting the details right but knows how to ship on time
Location - Remote Canada#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.Inclusivity:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Affirm Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Affirm Company Size
Between 2,000 - 5,000 employees
Affirm Founded Year
Affirm Funding Rounds