Manager, Retention Marketing, Premium - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Retention Marketing, Premium
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Miami, FL; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, D.C.; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The Caviar (Premium) Marketing team’s mission is to establish Caviar as the premium authority in the food delivery space, amplify the brand’s relevance among premium consumers and merchants, acquire new consumers via Caviar and DoorDash products, and delight existing customers with engaging, curated, and elevated content to keep them coming back for premium dishes. Within that team, Caviar Retention Marketing strives to develop lasting relationships with our customers by surfacing engaging content that features our top merchants, beautiful food photography, and timely, relevant promos & offers. Our team has diverse skills across marketing, strategy, and operations that allow us to test and scale programs that improve the premium customer experience.
About the Role
As a Manager, Retention Marketing, Premium/Caviar, your key responsibility will be to own and strategically guide the retention arm of the Caviar on Doordash workstream, a high-impact initiative that encourages DoorDash consumers to order from “premium” restaurants on Caviar or within the Caviar entrypoint of the DoorDash app. These programs are designed to increase retention and engagement of Caviar/DoorDash customers across email, push notifications, and in-app messaging. Key areas of support include: sizing, projecting, and analyzing the impact of initiatives on key business metrics like conversion rate and revenue; creating and maintaining campaigns & workflow strategy for Caviar on DoorDash Cx efforts, including offer, cadence, and audience testing; promo code creation and replication; creative ideation & iteration (copywriting, photo selection) including creative optimization w/ the help of internal creative resources; consulting and overseeing strategy for various Cx workstreams. You will collaborate with all parts of the business (strategy & operations, brand, creative, product marketing, analytics) and with our Retention team to create and execute strategies that engage and retain active customers on Caviar and DoorDash.
You will report into our Senior Retention Manager on our Caviar team in our Retention Marketing organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a key, early stakeholder in an emerging high-impact workstream (Caviar on DoorDash)
- Manage end-to-end development and execution of data-driven CRM initiatives, including forecasting campaign impact, driving the creative review process with designers and copywriters, identifying target audience segments, and capturing feedback from stakeholders
- Use tools like Snowflake to query for customer data and and size the projected impact of your CRM strategies on key business metrics like revenue and conversion rate
- Analyze campaign results, develop benchmarks, and create and share regular performance reports. You will love this job if marketing analytics excites you!
- Create detailed customer journey flows with actionable trigger points with both static and dynamic content to drive conversion and engagement
- Establish a strong working relationship with cross-functional stakeholders in our S&O, Product, Analytics, Creative, and Marketing teams
- Create the strategy and framework for the rapid testing in CRM channels
- Manage and develop junior teammates
We’re excited about you because…
- 6 + years experience in Retention Marketing, Email Marketing or CRM Operations; B2C experience a must.
- Expertise with CRM technology including Marketing Automation platforms and CRM tools (e.g. Iterable, HubSpot)
- SQL experience preferred
- 1-2 years of people management is preferred
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives.
- Passion for customer experience and increasing the value of customers.
- Strong analytical skills; able to create data-driven marketing strategies and campaigns end to end
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred.
About DoorDash & Caviar
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
Caviar is a company that is all about connecting hungry people to great, local restaurants. Food for food people, if you will. Caviar was acquired by DoorDash in November 2019, and together the two brands are able to grow and empower local economies side-by-side. DoorDash & Caviar connect people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details