Manager, Quick Commerce - DashMart - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Quick Commerce - DashMart
- Job Location
- New York, NY; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX; Washington, D.C.; Denver, CO
- Job Description
About the Team
DashMart’s Quick Commerce team is focused on building a new type of grocery store, offering grocery staples, convenience items, household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers’ doorsteps.
About the Role
We’re looking to hire a Manager, Strategy & Operations who will work to build and execute the playbook for acquiring new customers through localized growth initiatives. This manager will work cross functionally with our assortment, growth & marketing, product, and operational leaders to help build our Quick Commerce in New York City and scale our learnings to the rest of the DashMart business.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop a deep understanding of the DashMart business and our unique value proposition to customers in New York City
- Work on some of the hardest to solve problems in the e-commerce space, with a heavy emphasis on experimentation and testing things that may not scale easily
- Use SQL and other analytics tools to evaluate customer trends, identify growth opportunities, root-cause problems, and build reporting dashboards
- Work with our marketing and product partners to support you in the execution of your role and to highlight how we can better attract and retain customers
- Lead a team of 1-2 City Specialists and coordinate with local site leadership to execute against your local growth strategy
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 5-8 years of experience in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related field
- You love operations and are excited to build a new grocery concept from the ground up
- Bonus for experience in grocery retail
- You are highly skilled with data, bonus if you have experience with SQL
- You are open to travel to New York - this role will require up to 25% travel time
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- You have effective written and verbal communication skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $136,935 - $185,265, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Per the New York City Commissioner’s Order Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace, dated December 13, 2021 (as modified), employees who work on-site at a DoorDash office are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to the employer before entering the workplace.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details