Manager, Public Engagement - West - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Public Engagement - West
- Job Location
- San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Sacramento, CA
- Job Description
About The Team
DoorDash’s Public Policy & Social Impact Team advocates for legislation that supports the health of our business and empowers our community of Dashers, local business partners, and consumers. Through our advocacy on cutting-edge public policy issues and the programs that we develop, we are shaping the future of local economies. This unique team combines direct engagement with policymakers at all levels of government, advocacy campaigns, policy research and analysis, and programs to promote equity, safety, and sustainability.
About The Role
DoorDash is hiring an experienced campaign manager and political strategist to join our Public Engagement team. Reporting to the Head of U.S. Public Engagement, the Senior Manager, Public Engagement Manager-West will craft political and campaign strategy, manage DoorDash’s industry coalitions, and engage an array of community and civic organizations to build relationships with members of our diverse community across California and Mountain West regions. You will design public engagement strategies in close coordination with the Government Relations, Social Impact, and Policy Development teams. Additionally, you’ll work with the Communications, Legal, and Marketing teams. You’ll work closely with the Government Relations, Legal, Marketing, Strategy & Operations, Experience (Support), and Communications teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Coordinate with DoorDash Mobilization team to engage DoorDash’s grassroots advocates at the local, state, and federal levels throughout the region.
- Lead DoorDash’s outreach to our broad and diverse community in the region, including Dashers, small businesses, customers, and third party organizations to further our public policy objectives.
- Build a diverse coalition of supporters by managing relationships with local nonprofits and community organizations in DoorDash’s markets.
- Manage DoorDash and industry coalitions throughout the region.
- Develop and manage innovative and holistic political engagement strategies that drive our mission and policy priorities forward.
- Manage an array of contract campaign and community engagement consultants.
We’re excited about you because you have…
- Extensive experience as an organizer and political strategist, with at least 10 years experience and a proven track record in national political campaigns, agency, or corporate organizing experience.
- Proven success in people, team, and consultant management.
- The ability to build strong and sustained relationships with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills and are effective in both one-on-one, group and town hall style settings.
- Successful past experience organizing and working in California and Mountain West regions.
- Willingness to travel upwards of 40%.
- In-house corporate experience
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details