Manager of Business Operations - Marketing - InstacartView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager of Business Operations - Marketing
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Business Operations (BizOps) team moves quickly to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Marketing, Product, Data Science, and Finance teams.
This particular job opening will focus on the Marketing function at Instacart. You will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Marketing strategy and performance. You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, profitability) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and-outs of a cutting-edge tech startup.
You are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives for BizOps with a focus on Marketing, with the goal of driving strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements
- Design sustainable solutions, while persuading and aligning various stakeholders during change management initiatives of your own, turning your strategic recommendations into reality
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L across multiple dimensions to understand critical revenue drivers and develop insights
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team
- Work with our Marketing team to analyze to Marketing channel and campaign performance and proactively recommend improvements to drive business outcomes
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart's Marketing, Product, Data Science, and Finance teams
- Manage a team of high performing Associates and Senior Associates, fostering a culture of excellence
- 5 to 7 years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles. Experience with Marketing considered a plus
- Advanced SQL and/or data visualization tools experience required
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects and improving business metrics in a resource-constrained environment
- Ability to identify and develop business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and seamlessly executing projects from proposal to implementation
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.CA, NY, CT, NJ$180,000—$200,000 USDWA$173,000—$192,000 USDOR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI$165,000—$183,000 USDAll other states$150,000—$167,000 USD
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Instacart Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
Instacart Company Size
Between 5,000 - 20,000 employees
Instacart Founded Year
Instacart Total Amount Raised
Instacart Funding RoundsView funding details