Manager, International Accounting - SpaceXView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, International Accounting
- Job Location
- Hawthorne, CA
- Job Description
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING
As the company expands its international footprint and provides Starlink (our revolutionary satellite low-latency broadband internet) across the globe, we are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to support the international operations. The Manager, International Accounting will play a key role in defining and scaling the accounting, reporting and statutory compliance activities to support international growth and at SpaceX generally.
Starlink provides satellite internet coverage to over 60 countries around the world. Its mission is to deliver global internet access, and it is ideally suited to support rural and geographically isolated areas where internet connectivity is unreliable or nonexistent. Based in Hawthorne, CA and reporting to the Director, Accounting, this role will be responsible for managing intercompany and transfer pricing activity in addition to the audit process and financial reporting obligations for various countries. The ideal candidate will have experience in a multinational environment and is a flexible individual who is prepared to support the rapid growth of Starlink as the global broadband business matures.
- Coordinate the preparation, review and filing of statutory financial statements for assigned entities, including the completion of statutory audits where required
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financials as required for local statutory compliance
- Partner with local service providers as needed to review and coordinate international statutory filings, including bridging statutory financial and tax books to U.S. GAAP
- Partner with Tax to record intercompany entries including, but not limited to, transfer pricing and intercompany interest
- Manage the intercompany netting and settlement process, including establishing manual procedures to identify balances to be settled/netted
- Reconcile intercompany balances
- Work with leadership and IT to design and implement systems and processes to allow accounting operations to scale, including the end to end intercompany process
- Partner with Accounts Payable and Treasury as needed to ensure invoices are recorded and paid on the correct entities’ records
- Develop global accounting policies and procedures to satisfy US and foreign compliance requirements
- Complete assigned elements of the accounting close process for international entities
- Prepare and/or review monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis for international entities, as assigned
- Establish and strengthen policies and procedures, internal financial controls and other related documentation as needed
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions
- Other adhoc projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a STEM field
- 6+ years of experience in accounting
- Prior managerial experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High level understanding of both US GAAP and International accounting standards (IFRS or other local accounting standards)
- Experience with multinational organizations
- Certified Public Accountant (active license) with Big 4 experience
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and a desire to work in dynamic and face paced environment that demands creativity and flexibility
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 or other ERP accounting systems a plus
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Excel. Ability to analyze high volume of transactions/data.
- SQL experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manager, international Accounting: $130,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX Headquarters Location
SpaceX Company Size
Between 10,000 - 20,000 employees
SpaceX Founded Year
SpaceX Total Amount Raised
SpaceX Funding RoundsView funding details