Manager, Internal Audit - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Internal Audit
- Job Location
- Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
At DoorDash, Internal Audit aims to provide independent assurance that DoorDash's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively. We are a small team that is looking to expand and bring on motivated and skilled risk focused professionals on the team. We don't think of ourselves as a typical audit function - we are obsessively focused on risks to the organizations which reflects in the type of projects we support and execute.
DoorDash is rapidly growing - we are expanding in multiple geos and launching new products. This exciting growth constantly presents us with new challenges, but also gives us the opportunities to get creative in problem solving! We collaborate with various business functions in managing risks to DoorDash. Our focus includes, but is not limited to financial, operational, regulatory, security and IT.
About the Role
The Manager - Internal Audit will help execute the daily operations of SOX and Internal Audit program(s). You will help lead the execution of business process controls - this may include leading walkthroughs, identifying controls and gaps, and testing or reviewing control workpapers to ensure quality. You will collaborate with control owners to become a trusted advisor and provide guidance/ action steps to close out control deficiencies; You will work with both external auditors and co-source providers to monitor progress of project timelines and ensure all requirements are sufficiently being met.
As a member of the founding team, you will help establish the function's core audit methodologies and procedures, help implement an audit and SOX application/ tool, and use critical thinking skills to help highlight areas of focus and inform the direction of the audit plan.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create cross-functional relationships and become a trusted advisor for control owners; use your experience to ensure key objectives of the audits are understood by the stakeholders and provide actionable guidance to help them to achieve their control objective
- Design and implement internal controls to mitigate risks associated with new entities and business processes and system implementations
- Support the team's project management function by helping monitor progress of tasks and key deadlines; Help create a sustainable structure to monitor progress of the internal audit program
- Contribute to audit risk assessments, planning and audit scoping
- Conduct process walkthroughs and control testing; oversee the quality of the testing workpapers; and provide reporting to the Internal Audit leadership; Support in creating reporting to key executives
- Be in-charge for selected business processes (SOX) or audit projects, conducting the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and leading closing activities
- Help implement an audit or SOX application/ tool
We're excited about you because…
- You have 5+ years of experience in audit (internal or external audit) - experience in testing controls and producing high-quality workpapers with limited review comments;
- You operate and excel to work at the lowest level of detail; you have a working knowledge of the U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- You are self-starter and can manage the progress of an assigned business process and see to closure
- You can identify key risks areas and can create a prioritized mitigation plan; You have strong communication skills and can explain the nuances and importance of compliance to stakeholders
- You exhibit strong business writing skills and can produce clear and concise documentation (e.g. process flowcharts, narratives, memos)
- You are excited to help the business become compliant while adding value and while being efficient; You can help the business see key risk areas and help them prioritize must haves, should haves, and nice to haves
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $118,575 - $160,425, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details