Manager, Interconnection Project Engineering - NEXAMPView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Interconnection Project Engineering
- Job Location
- Boston, MA
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Does working for a fast paced, growing company that is making a difference in our environment excite you? Do you have a passion for making our environment better for this generation and the ones that follow? If you’re excited about career growth, group volunteering, and the occasional ping pong after hours, then this is the job for you. Let’s make a difference together. Join our team!
The Manager, Grid Integration Engineering is responsible for managing distribution and utility scale projects through the interconnection process as well as providing technical expertise in the interconnection of distributed energy resources (DERs). This role requires an electrical engineer with experience managing DER projects through multiple distribution utility and RTO interconnection processes. The Manager, Grid Integration Engineering will manage a team of Interconnection Engineers.
- This position will work closely with the Electrical Engineering, Design Engineering, Construction and Business Development teams to achieve interconnection of distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Review and analyze utility pre-screen reports, System Impact Studies, and Interconnection Service Agreements, and manage a portfolio of utility interconnection applications from initial submission through closeout
- Develop single line diagrams and three-line diagrams for distribution-level and transmission-level Interconnection Applications, electrical permits, and construction documents
- Manage the electrical design and interconnection application process for utility scale PV and PV+Storage projects, identify reliability and congestion constraints for FERC jurisdictional projects and develop integrated solutions
- Analyze interconnection due diligence materials to support project acquisition efforts, identify existing and potential red flags
- Review utility impact studies and upgrade estimates to identify cost or time saving measures
- Manage external consultants performing interconnection and transmission studies as well as curtailment and congestion analyses
- Directly manage, train, and mentor a team, review single-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, witness test procedures, sequences of operation, and site layout designs created by junior engineers
- Lead development of design standards and internal tools as well as new product research and implementation
- Represent the Grid Integration Engineering group in design reviews and serve as subject matter expert for utility requirements and medium-voltage design
- Lead biweekly utility status calls, maintain utility relationships, and manage utility performance to tariff deadlines
- Lead technical utility negotiations and drive implementation of non-wires alternatives, selective curtailment, and other grid-edge technologies
- Interface daily with internal business development and engineering teams to coordinate project workflow
- Develop and manage relationships with a network of vendors and engineering consultants for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction, and asset management phases
- Review shop drawings and designs for switchgear, transformers, reclosers and other major electrical equipment
- Provide technical support to Nexamp development, EPC, and O&M departments for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction, and asset management phases.
- Perform site visits for project assessment and feasibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or similar/ equal concentration required
- 5+ years of Power engineering experience required
- 2+ years of experience in DER interconnection required
- Strong knowledge of electrical principles, including medium voltage distribution, protection system coordination and relaying principles required
- EIT certification required
- PSS/E or PSCAD modelling experience preferred
- Knowledge of transmission planning standards and FERC interconnection process is preferred
- Experience with interconnection requirements and criteria for MISO, PJM, and/or ERCOT is preferred
- Experience with substation design and transmission-level power system protection and coordination is preferred
- PSSE, Aspen, PSCAD, ETAP or AmpCalc modeling experience preferred
- AutoCAD software proficiency preferred
- Strong knowledge of industry standard design codes such as National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other industry standards
- Previous management experience preferred
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, but see yourself contributing, please submit an application. We encourage people from minority or marginalized groups to apply.
At Nexamp, our mission is building the future of energy, so it is clean, simple, and accessible for all. We believe a diverse team brings different perspectives and experiences, thus benefiting our work. We are committed to providing a work environment free from discrimination. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. By encouraging a culture where ideas and decisions come from all people, we believe it will help us grow, innovate, and be a part of environmental and social change.
PERKS & COMPENSATION
Not only will you get to work with a group of innovative, dedicated, and motivated peers, you will also have access to all the benefits that Nexamp offers! This includes: our competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance starting day one; Flexible Paid Time Off and Holiday PTO; Commuter Benefits, Cell Phone Reimbursement; as well as a hybrid work environment, headquartered in Boston, MA with a fun, collaborative, downtown office! We provide healthy snacks, coffee, yoga sessions, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!
NEXAMP VALUES AND MISSION
Building the future of energy so it is clean, simple and accessible.
Nexamp is building the energy infrastructure of tomorrow and reinventing the way people interact with the electricity that powers their lives. By deploying a distributed network of locally sourced clean energy, we seek to reduce the negative effects of climate change. Our team’s diverse experience drives innovation from the ground up and with a singular passion: to deliver an accessible and sustainable energy future for all.
NEXAMP Headquarters Location
NEXAMP Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
NEXAMP Founded Year
NEXAMP Total Amount Raised
NEXAMP Funding RoundsView funding details