Manager, Instructional Design - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Instructional Design
- Job Location
- Phoenix, AZ; San Francisco, CA; New York, NY
- Job Description
About the Team
As DoorDash's largest core operating team, Customer Experience ensures that when there are bumps in the last-mile there's always someone there to make things right. Our team supports Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants who need our help and we have a network of thousands of Agents answering questions and fixing issues. We are customer obsessed and aim to give each customer who contacts us the best possible experience.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Manager, Instructional Design who will manage a design team to implement learning strategy. You will support and plan the daily activities of a team of Instructional Designers responsible for developing learning solutions for a call center environment. You will identify continuous improvement opportunities to improve learning experiences for our Teammates and professional growth for our Instructional Designers.
You will report to DoorDash's Senior Manager of Learning & Development and can be based in one of our many locations throughout the United States. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a people manager for a large design team and develop capacity mapping to ensure accurate resourcing for all projects. Promote collaboration and engagement, within DoorDash and externally with our vendor partners.
- Improve the long-term vision, OKRs and career pathing opportunities for the design team.
- Craft success metrics with designers for each initiative, measure out on progress along the way, and share-out on results and insights at the conclusion.
- Take ownership to oversee that the instructional design and development required for a project is prioritized and deadlines are met.
- Implement and use feedback mechanisms with Requestors, Trainers, Learning Consultants, and other IDs to make targeted improvement to training programs and content.
- Operate and manage AGILE project management to help manage work streams following the ADDIE design model.
- Be a design subject matter expert and ensure that standardization components are being implemented and adult learning theory is incorporated in all deliverables.
- Want to identify the causes of any issues and recommend solutions.
- Zoom into the details, and zoom out to a bird's-eye view, to understand the "why" of what led to an initiative's success or failure, to create a culture of learning.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a vision for the future of Instructional Design in a constantly evolving world, and are passionate about creating learning and development programs at scale.
- You have experience managing teams of 15 or more.
- Your experience includes capacity mapping and can ensure appropriate resourcing for a production team.
- You have a unique combination of L&D experience and operational experience such as management consulting, finance, private equity, technology or a related field.
- You have 3+ years experience in call center or BPO management experience as a leader of a L&D team that supports learning assets in multiple modalities.
- You seek development opportunities within the field of Instructional Design and excel with learning progressive trends in the industry.
- You are collaborative and know how to develop productive relationships with partners.
- You have an owner mentality: you're focused on quality, output-driven, and always pushing yourself to do better.
- You recommend solutions to complex problems while also implementing many projects and priorities day-to-day.
- 8+ years of recent experience which includes design, resource management and people management.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details