Manager, HR Systems Engineering - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, HR Systems Engineering
- Job Location
- United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
The IT Enterprise Systems team manages all of our back-office applications, middleware, and integrations (HR, Finance, process automation, system integration). This team partners closely with our HR and Finance technology teams to build the systems that enable business processes.
We move fast and have audacious goals, scaling to meet the demands of an enterprise that has grown more than 3x since 2019 while improving all aspects of our Service Desk operations.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll lead a small team of engineers that build and maintain the back-end, automations, and custom wrappers for all of our HR technologies (Workday, Greenhouse, ADP, Utmost, etc.).
You’ll be the thought leader who partners with our HR leaders to build a shared technology roadmap, architects key system components, ensures the sustainability, scalability, and quality of our engineering efforts, and coaches and mentors the next generation of HR technology engineers.
You will report to the head of our IT Enterprise Systems team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build the foundation for scale in all of our HR technologies and develop the process and people necessary to ensure we can sustain excellence
- Build strong relationships with our IT stakeholders by anticipating their needs and delivering before they ask
- Continuously improve IT customer satisfaction by building a deep understanding of our customers’ experience and executing a support strategy that exceeds their expectations
- Establish clear, measurable expectations for your team and provide the tools and the environment they need to meet those expectations
- Utilize automation and process optimization to deliver 10x results with 2x investment, building scalability and flexibility into HR technology engineering
- Commit to inclusion both within your team and across functions, leading by example and ensuring everyone has a seat at the table and all voices are heard
- Laverage Agile Principles to Plan, Manage and Execute sprints for various cross functional projects.
- Sound understanding of HR systems Architecture, propose best design practices and solutions.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years experience in HR system engineering with 2+ years managing engineering teams
- You have deep experience with Workday and integrations across all common systems (ERP, payroll, IAM, benefits, recruiting, etc.)
- You have experience with Workday Extend and a strong perspective on when to use native tools, when to use extend, and when to build custom wrappers, balancing business requirements against maintenance and technical debt
- You’re capable of getting your hands dirty if needed, and you can move from a code review to a executive presentation seamlessly
- You’ve managed a remote workforce
- You know how to make a compelling business case with clear ROI supported by data
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details