Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing & Category Management, BPO - DoorDashView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing & Category Management, BPO
- Job Location
- Tempe, AZ; New York City, NY; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; Austin, TX; United States - Remote
- Job Description
About the Team
A role in the Global Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team at DoorDash provides a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate robust strategic sourcing skills in a dynamic environment, a steep and fulfilling learning curve to expand both business and procurement acumen, and a platform to make an impact in a growing team in a rapidly growing business. Attributes that will help you succeed as part of the team include a knack to build relationships across a variety of internal stakeholders, superb communication abilities, and strong problem-solving skills.
About the Role
The Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing & Category Management - Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) to join the Global Strategic Sourcing and Procurement team. This is a new management role for our team and we are excited to find an individual that will play a pivotal role in the strategic sourcing & category management efforts within business process outsourcing, and will collaborate with internal leaders across the global market .
The Manager of BPO will report to the Manager of Corporate Services area and shall be part of the Services Sourcing team.
This role manages global purchasing categories for outsourced business services, with primary focus on partnering with multiple internal key stakeholders on strategy creation and execution to deliver long term competitive advantage and driving efficiencies in service delivery. The Manager shall also partly support the development of some other Corporate Services areas (ex: professional services, public policy, benefits, etc).
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Experience in developing category strategies within the business process outsourcing (e.g: customer support centers, oversea call centers, third party outsourcing) and some other Corporate Services areas
- Influence and gain alignment from internal leadership stakeholders, lead cross-functional, and implement supplier risk analysis.
- Lead global sourcing (RFx) projects, negotiate deals (MSAs/SOWs), and manage a sizable spend across a broad range of subcategories
- Collaborate with internal leadership to drive quarterly business reviews (QBRs) ensuring supplier’s adherence to service levels and KPI’s
- Benchmark and facilitate best practices, analyze and monitor compliance; drive improvements through reporting and recommendations
- Review and drive execution of contracts with a focus on commercial terms: pricing, payment terms, volume commitments, rebates, etc; liaise with the legal team in the execution of agreements
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years of experience in a strategic sourcing/category management role for indirect categories with expertise in business process outsourcing
- Business process outsourcing experience essential - either buy-side or sell-side
- Ability to influence, analyze and communicate strategies, pricing models and contract terms to different audiences
- Ability and willingness to learn new areas and develop commodity expertise including other subcategories in Corporate Services
- Demonstrated experience in developing and growing relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers in a rapid growth environment
- Excellent written and oral communicator, with strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as an effective change agent, unlocking barriers to value for priority spend sub categories
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Working well under pressure and with tight deadlines while maintaining strong accuracy.
- High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as a team player.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
DoorDash Headquarters Location
San Francisco, CA
DoorDash Company Size
Between 8,600 - 8,600 employees
DoorDash Founded Year
DoorDash Total Amount Raised
DoorDash Funding RoundsView funding details