Manager Data Engineering - Beyond FinanceView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager Data Engineering
- Job Location
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We're in constant pursuit of new collaborators that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
About The Role
As the leader of the Data Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for creating the tools, frameworks and data models which are used by your team and other teams to bring in data, transform them, and send it outside of the organization. This team will be responsible for the infrastructure, tools, security, and governance around the tools and access. You’ll solve today’s problems and build something planning for tomorrow.
What You'll Do
- Create tools and frameworks to ingest, transform and egress data by your team and other teams who don’t have the technical expertise that your team will.
- Create standardized ways to monitor and alert the success of health of these tools and pipelines.
- Create a long lasting framework which can be used in different aspects or easily enhanced for upcoming use cases.
- Document and train other people how to use these tools and frameworks.
- Utilize your own tools and frameworks to bring in data into the analytics platform and make it available to business users.
- Create best practices and standards to be used in building data pipelines and analytics models.
- Provide the second line of support with operational requests which come in.
- As the leader, assess needs and skills for the team and recruit for a high performing team.
- Partner with the other leaders of BI and Operations to ensure smooth knowledge transfer and working relationships; partner with other members of the company as needed.
What We Look For
Why join us?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent work experience
- Management experience where you’re leading by doing and can coach individuals on your team bringing them up to speed.
- Deep experience in using Airflow or similar tool in creating frameworks for data pipelines.
- Great knowledge of SQL both in DML and DDL in creating complex data pipelines.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, AWS and relational databases.
- Engineering mindset of building out tools and frameworks.
- Ability to think conceptually and pragmatically in designing solutions
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to understand a particular request and create a framework which will handle that well and be extensible for other types of similar requests.
- Be an excellent listener to people on your team and other teams.
- Ability to coach / mentor other team members as appropriate
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond Finance HR team.
Beyond Finance Headquarters Location
Beyond Finance Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
Beyond Finance Founded Year
Beyond Finance Total Amount Raised
Beyond Finance Funding RoundsView funding details