Manager, Customer Success - When I WorkView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Customer Success
- Job Location
- Remote - United States
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
*When I Work is a remote first company. We are open to hiring candidates in the continental US and Ontario, Canada. If an onsite location is important to you in your search, you are welcome to work from our Headquarters in Minneapolis, MN.
Who We Are
We help hourly teams get shift done.
At When I Work, everything we do starts with a mission to make shift work awesome. We deliver on that mission by making every piece of hourly workforce management - scheduling, time tracking, shift trading, team messaging, and more - easy and straightforward for managers and employees alike.
The Success team at When I Work is at the core of ensuring our customers exceed their goals. When you join this team, you are joining a group of dynamic, creative, and innovative professionals who like to have fun at work while also challenging and supporting each other in a highly functional team. You will work cross-functionally throughout When I Work to ensure the voice of the customer continues to drive focus and priorities.
What You’ll Do
As the Manager, Customer Success you’ll build and lead a world-class SMB Success team driving customer growth and retention, helping us shape the future of the hourly workforce. You will create and lead processes, strategies and initiatives to drive adoption, engagement and increase revenue in both a 1:1 and 1:many CSM model. You will have relationships with our top customers and be a strategic advisor with their executives. Your ultimate measure of success will be increasing net retention of our accounts. In this role you will:
- Lead a team of results-driven customer success managers, creating and providing direction across success motions such as Quarterly Business Reviews, one-to-many communication and relationship management
- Own strategic level relationships with our top customers
- Develop and lead the 1:many Success model including developing the strategy, leading the implementation, and driving accountability through the execution
- Build operational processes that increase productivity, such as building out the playbook for the 1:many motions, cross-functional handoffs, systems design (Hubspot, Intercom, and other success software), and defining team metrics to drive results
- Motivate the Customer Success team to meet monthly and annual goals and initiatives including customer onboarding, customer trainings, customer retention, and strategic relationships resulting in World Class customer retention.
- Understand the problems and opportunities of the hourly workforce as you coach the team to be consultants who drive ROI of When I Work
- Expert in the When I Work platform, developing a close relationship across the organization to stay in tune with what’s changing and communicating updates and impact back to the team
- Analyze and dissect revenue to uncover strategic opportunities, leveraging this data to improve the Customer Success playbook and processes
- Partner with RevOps and Data Analytics to understand customer behavior and create data-driven action plans Partner with Sales, Care, Product and Marketing to create a successful customer experience through customer marketing, product releases, bug triage, feature enhancements, onboarding and training
- Attract, recruit, onboard and retain top Customer Success talent
Who You Are
You have experience leading a team of relationship managers for an SMB, SaaS company in both a 1:1 and 1:many Success model. You have a background in customer success, account management, operations or consulting with a desire to develop, direct and hire a team of creative problem solvers tasked with managing our top accounts. You are passionate about the customer relationship and enjoy being a strategic advisor to top customers. You are curious, dependable, resourceful, and get joy from going beyond to make customers successful. You are motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and are constantly searching for ways to improve, inspire others, and add value.
Experience and Skills Needed
- Experience successfully leading Customer Success Teams at an SMB-focused, Saas company with a 1:many and 1:1 success model
- Experience developing and implementing a 1:many success model
- Passionate about customer relationships with a desire to be customer-facing at a strategic level
- Experienced in professional development with a strong interest in coaching, delegating and growing a new team
- Relationship-oriented and people-focused leader
- Results-driven leader with experience setting expectations and goals and driving accountability
- Analytical, data-driven leader
- Self Starter with a “builder” mentality
What Would Be Awesome To Have
- Experience managing a SaaS Customer Success team
- Experience with Hubspot, Expertise in Excel (or Sheets or Numbers) and PowerPoint (or Slides or Keynote)
- Experience selecting and implementing a success software (i.e. ChurnZero or Vitally)
What’s In It For You
- Professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Medical benefits - employee premiums paid 100% by When I Work
- Dental benefits- employee premiums paid 100% by When I Work
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible work environment
- 401K Match
- Remote first culture including home office set-up stipend and ongoing telecommuter stipend
- Casual dress code
- Dynamic and dedicated team
We believe actions speak louder than words. Every encounter with our people and products should be memorable and helpful. Challenges are exciting, failure is how we learn, and we all have an entrepreneurial spirit. Building an inclusive and equitable workplace isn’t lip service. We invest our time and our money in organizations that are not only working to diversify the current jobscape, but also investing in the future of talent. We’re motivated by a strong, innovative, and passionate work culture and we’re constantly searching for ways to improve and get shift done.
Whether you’re a perfect match or not, if it sounds like a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
The tech industry is notorious for its lack of diverse representation, and we're aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Apply anyway! We would love to hear from you and figure out what you can add to the culture here at When I Work.
We’d love to talk to you! Please submit the following to apply:
- Resume (including months/years of employment for each position).
- Cover letter including:
- an overview of your existing experience
- a convincing reason why you’d like to work at When I Work.
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis for any employer.
When I Work Headquarters Location
When I Work Company Size
Between 200 - 500 employees
When I Work Founded Year
When I Work Total Amount Raised
When I Work Funding RoundsView funding details