Manager, Content Marketing - LeagueAppsView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Manager, Content Marketing
- Job Location
- New York, New York
- Job Listing URL
- Job Description
Job Title: Manager, Content Marketing
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Who we are:
As Nelson Mandela said, “Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does.”
At LeagueApps, we agree. Mission-driven at our core, every member of our team is committed to a world where all kids and communities can benefit from youth sports. We help leading youth sports organizations operate, engage, and win with the industry's most comprehensive youth sports management platform. We power thousands of clubs, camps, tournaments, and leagues, and reach millions of participants each day.
Beyond our technology, we’re focused on developing the industry’s youth sports leaders through our NextUp: Youth Sports Management Community—providing them with opportunities for professional development and networking. Through events, content, and leadership development programming, we’re taking youth sports management to the next level. Through our FundPlay program, we provide support to sports-based youth development organizations that bring sports experiences to hundreds of thousands of underserved kids and communities. We are also founding members and leaders of the PLAY Sports Coalition, a group that advocates for youth sports at the national level.
LeagueApps is positioned for continued rapid growth, with financing from leading institutional and individual investors including Contour Venture Partners, Major League Baseball, Elysian Park Ventures, Julie Foudy, and Shane Battier, We were recognized by Deloitte's Fast 500 list in 2019 and 2020. We were ranked in the top 25 “Best Employers in Sports” by Front Office Sports, and named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. and by BuiltIn NYC.
LeagueApps is building a modern marketing team that can help scale the business, grow revenue, and build a legendary brand. We’re looking for a world-class leader to work with the existing team to mentor and coach them, while also building new team roles.
The content and communications team is responsible for growth via organic and direct website traffic. In this role, you’ll work in close collaboration with your colleagues in growth marketing, product marketing, customer success, and sales to develop and execute the vision we have to become the online destination for all things youth sports.
What you’ll do:
- Team Building and Management: You’ll be responsible for coaching and mentoring the creative, content, and communications teams, working with growth marketing and events.
- Data Analysis, Experimentation, and Optimization: Manage a continuous process of experimentation and optimization using data analysis to maximize the performance of organic and direct marketing programs.
- Collaboration with Marketing Team - Collaborate with the other marketing teams including growth, product marketing, events, and revenue operations.
- Sales and Success Coordination - Coordinate with sales, customer success, and product teams to integrate content with sales efforts and customer success programs to deliver results across teams.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in building a Saas or B2B brand and growing its products or services with expertise in strategy, marketing, research/insights, and branding
- 3+ of people management experience
- Knowledge of different marketing channels and effective methods for driving growth, including content marketing, social media, email marketing, sponsorships/partnerships, and paid content
- Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing holistic brand-first marketing strategies and plans that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Naturally approaches opportunities through a strategic lense—uses this ability to help guide, filter, and enhance cross-company initiatives
- Creative thinker with a keen eye for detail who excels both as a leader and player, who can think outside traditional marketing executions to find unorthodox solutions
- Values data-led decision making, but understands it is only one metric through which brilliant marketing occurs
- Interest in youth sports is beneficial
Compensation & Benefits:
- Equity Grants: Every employee is an owner in our Company
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, HSA
- Commuter Benefits
- Home-Office Stipend
- Sports Leagues subsidies for employees and their children
- Cell phone and gym subsidies (including Class Pass, Citi Bike, and New York Sports Club)
- Mental Health Resources; Talk Space and Calm
- Social impact opportunities through our FundPlay initiative that includes events, volunteering and grant-making
LeagueApps is an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, and to helping youth sports organizers across the country do the same.
The duties listed are not exclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed or desired by the employer to meet business needs. The employer reserves the right to change, add to or eliminate positions as it deems appropriate. Your employment will be at-will, meaning you or LeagueApps Inc. may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or advance notice, for any reason.
LeagueApps Headquarters Location
New York, NY
LeagueApps Company Size
Between 100 - 200 employees
LeagueApps Founded Year
LeagueApps Total Amount Raised
LeagueApps Funding RoundsView funding details