Maintenance Technician - 23andMeView Company Profile
- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job Location
- South San Francisco, California, United States
- Job Description
23andMe is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Workplace Experience team! You will be responsible for facilities systems and services, and building equipment in order to provide a safe, efficient and comfortable workplace. Responsibilities include operation, repair, and preventative maintenance of all building facilities and equipment; move and installation of equipment and or furniture; and other related duties. In addition to facilities, you will support office services and EH&S as needed.
This is a key position that functions as the go-to person for all maintenance services supporting our South San Francisco location. This role routinely requires after-hours and weekend work as well as being on-call for site emergencies requiring an immediate response.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Respond to Facilities service requests via internal ticketing system, ensuring all cases are handled in a timely manner and are followed through to completion.
- Performs maintenance duties such as furniture moving, maintenance of office equipment, simple electrical projects, spot painting or cleaning, light construction, or exterior clean-up.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance of equipment by using hand or power tools as required.
- Adjusts set points and operational schedules in building management systems (HVAC, Lighting) to meet occupational and energy efficiency requirements.
- Makes routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Acts as a liaison between employees and any outside contractors/vendors delivery and work at the facility.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Plans and organizes non-routine tasks with approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments.
- Maintains and organizes all tools, equipment, and supplies in proper order and condition.
- Maintain adequate supplies of office equipment and consumables, assist with stocking of employee kitchen.
- Ability to install, upkeep, or repair minor equipment such as copy machines, printers, conference room equipment and ensure it is in proper working order and available for use.
- Participates on the emergency preparedness planning team and environmental safety programs and training.
- Plan, organize, communicate, and cooperate with others to ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
What You’ll Bring
- 2-4 years relevant experience in a similar role supporting an office, lab, or pharmacy environment.
- Flexible with workload and schedule. Must be comfortable with constantly changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good working knowledge of one or more of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, etc., including solid experience operating the associated tools.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills including demonstrated ability to manage expectations, adapt to a variety of personalities and build and nurture relationships.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs/Mail/Calendar.
- Experience with ticketing systems and building systems similar to Diakin, Enlighted, Niagara + JIRA, FMX, Argus.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy physical effort, including lifting objects weighing up to 40 pounds, work on rooftop/ladder, and walking and/or standing for an extended period of time (over 80% of the time).
- High school graduate or equivalent. Technical college continuing education preferred.
- Strongly Preferred: FMP (Facility Management Professional) credential from IFMA
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe Headquarters Location
Mountain View, CA
23andMe Company Size
Between 500 - 1,000 employees
23andMe Founded Year
23andMe Funding Rounds
Post Ipo Equity